SASS Wire Forum

Georgia State Match 2011

Witch Doctor, SASS # 70062

Hi Pards, The River Bend Gun Club is delighted to be hosting the Georgia SASS championships for the first time this year. Yes, it is Mother's Day weekend. Bring her along, we have an indoor banquet planned (Outback is providing the food - yipee) and the range is pretty close to one of the biggest and best outlet malls in the whole Southeast. It also seems that we are going to have a great vendor turnout of our own. The only thing planned for Sunday is cowboy church and the top gun shoot off, so it is possible to get home before the day is done and make Mom feel special. Please put the Roundup at River Bend on your calendar and come play with us. Those of you who know our match author Judge M'all Duncan, you already know to come ready to shoot at a LOT of targets. For those of you who don't know us yet, bring lots of ammo. I promise will have a chance to shoot all you packed before the weekend is over. I have been advised over and over to mention that our range has flush toilets....maybe that ties back into the Mother's Day considerations....Personally I am much more proud of our 11 perfect, side by side, bermed bays with a paved cart path and beautiful scenery. See you in May.... Witch Doctor

pretty close to one of the biggest and best outlet malls in the whole Southeast.

I know it's a bit off topic, but what's the name of the outlet?

Because I'm going to Georgia tomorrow and I might have some time for shopping..!

Olli

Sugah (Momma) has been telling me that WE ARE GOING TO GEORGIA!

Come right ahead Buck. I sure hope ya'll will be bringing Darlin' with you too.....Can't wait to see your family again. Witch Doctor

The Outlaws are coming or at least some of us. This going to be a great one, I have it on good authority the target are big and close, gunfighter friendly, there should be a slight breeze to blow the black powder smoke away from the shooters, no rain and plenty of sunshine.

Except for the breeze and sunshine I got the facts straight from some part of the horse

Howdy Witch Doctor!

Myself and my pard Briscoe Callaghan have already sent in our applications and are coming down from Canada. We'll let the ladies visit the malls while we enjoy the match. Watch out for that Buck D. Law! Ms Sugah has to keep the reins in on him!! Word has it he is a Nefarious Gunfighter!!

Howdy Witch Doctor!

Myself and my pard Briscoe Callaghan have already sent in our applications and are coming down from Canada. We'll let the ladies visit the malls while we enjoy the match. Watch out for that Buck D. Law! Ms Sugah has to keep the reins in on him!! Word has it he is a Nefarious Gunfighter!!

Outstanding! We will have to make a sign to welcome you "North of the Border" guys.

I thought they didn't let you play with handguns in Canada...At least that is what the cute young Canadian intern at the eye doctor's office said yesterday. I'm going in for cataract surgery next week, so he might look like homemade soap, but he sounded cute. He had a real good story about bear hunting with a sawed off shotgun. That's OK, I don't think he believed any of my shooting stories either....

I'm glad you are bringing the ladies....I guess the flush toilets made the difference? Save plenty of room to take home some wood. I bought enough to build another Noah's Ark.

Witch Doctor

The Outlaws are coming or at least some of us. This going to be a great one, I have it on good authority the target are big and close, gunfighter friendly, there should be a slight breeze to blow the black powder smoke away from the shooters, no rain and plenty of sunshine.

Except for the breeze and sunshine I got the facts straight from some part of the horse

With Judge setting the steel, you'll have to break the 170 to miss anything...Just what Outlaws like. River Bend does usually have a breeze. It is usually a good black powder range. Thanks for coming to play. Witch Doctor

Witch Doctor

I am signed up and rarin' to come shoot again with you, Judge and the rest of the crew. I know it will be a great time. BTW, I am moving to Roswell on March 16 and figuring RBGC will be my new home club.

Cassalong Hopidy

Witch Doctor

I am signed up and rarin' to come shoot again with you, Judge and the rest of the crew. I know it will be a great time. BTW, I am moving to Roswell on March 16 and figuring RBGC will be my new home club.

Cassalong Hopidy

Welcome to River Bend, pard. It is a great club to shoot at. And congratulations on escaping from Leon County.

Outstanding! We will have to make a sign to welcome you "North of the Border" guys.

I thought they didn't let you play with handguns in Canada...At least that is what the cute young Canadian intern at the eye doctor's office said yesterday. I'm going in for cataract surgery next week, so he might look like homemade soap, but he sounded cute. He had a real good story about bear hunting with a sawed off shotgun. That's OK, I don't think he believed any of my shooting stories either....

I'm glad you are bringing the ladies....I guess the flush toilets made the difference? Save plenty of room to take home some wood. I bought enough to build another Noah's Ark.

Witch Doctor

Those flush toilets sealed the deal for the ladies. And if they are inside that's a real bonus. The gals usually tend to get a little nervous worrying about getting tipped over by those dern MOOSE you know! See y'all soon!!

Those flush toilets sealed the deal for the ladies. And if they are inside that's a real bonus. The gals usually tend to get a little nervous worrying about getting tipped over by those dern MOOSE you know! See y'all soon!!

Silly me - I'm such a southern girl..I didn't even know that you could flush a moose. I have heard of flushing quail, so I suppose a moose might work about the same way...(aren't they bigger?) How high to do you have to reach for the flusher? We do keep our toilets inside - most of the year...May is getting pretty warm so there will be some of those non-flushers at each end of the range. WD

You are a marketing genius!

No marketing, I'm just trained to speak "girl" pretty fluently. I know most of the key girl phrases. (Oh no, how did that make you feel? - Did you know that we have flush toilets and an indoor banquet? – I can’t believe he really said that to you !) It might have been my first language except that I got into playing Cowboys and Indians with boys pretty early on...some habits are so hard to break. Witch Doctor

Have you descided on Black Powder Catagories yet. Put me down for the oldest BPC available.

Thanks

McKenzie

Hi Mac, thanks for checking in. Judge and Doc Duncan are in charge of the BP match. I think they have several in mind. See you tomorrow at Cherokee. I hope the beautiful weather holds up for Badlands Bob's match.... WD

I guess I better jump in here before this get's to far along.

First off we WELCOME EVERYBODY that wants to come and shoot. Especially GUNFIGHTER's and OUTLAWS!!!!

BIG, CLOSE and as FAST as you want to be is the name of the game at River Bend.

There WILL be a SASS approved BLACK POWDER match with 14 categories that should cover EVERYBODY. ( the list is in the Boss's hands)We just need to know who is gonna shoot, so send in your entries ASAP.

POWDER INC. is our Black Powder match sponsor ( thanks Jerry!) so we even have goodies for the shooters.

We look forward to seeing EVERYBODY in May!!!!

Judge

How is the registeration going? I know Lady Tombstone is getting the info together for the shooters book.(All you other Outlaws, I pormise not to look at the stages early or anything like that :rolleyes:)

Are you all going to post a shooters list?

Main Match and BP Match are ready for the printer.

Boys and Girls this is GONNA be FUNNNN!!!!!!!

BIG , CLOSE and as FAST as you wanna go!!!!!

Clint Eastwood Western Themes!!! Great Stories for the Main Match

For the Black Powder Match you get to meet som of The Hole in the Bar Gang!!!

Archived