SASS Wire Forum

Knights Leather starter rig

Buckshot Frank

On the recommendation of some folks here, I ordered the starter rig from Knights (Tombstone) Leather for my wife a few weeks ago: http://knightsleatherproducts.com/StarterRig.html

It arrived yesterday, and I am blown away by how nice it is. I don't think that you can buy a nicer set-up for $159. It has everything that you need (two holsters and four double shotgun loops) and nothing that you don't. The holsters are hard (will defenitely stay open) and the lips are already slightly flared. The gun snapped into the left one like it was made of Kydex- no resistance until a little snap at the end. The right one had a tight spot, but I used the water and the gun in a bag trick to loosen it up. Fits like the left one now.

Anyways, my wife is thrilled with the rig and will break it in this weekend. I just wanted to thank those that turned me on to this rig and pass on the recommendation to anyone looking for a nice inexpensive rig.

On the recommendation of some folks here, I ordered the starter rig from Knights (Tombstone) Leather for my wife a few weeks ago: http://knightsleatherproducts.com/StarterRig.html

It arrived yesterday, and I am blown away by how nice it is. I don't think that you can buy a nicer set-up for $159. It has everything that you need (two holsters and four double shotgun loops) and nothing that you don't. The holsters are hard (will defenitely stay open) and the lips are already slightly flared. The gun snapped into the left one like it was made of Kydex- no resistance until a little snap at the end. The right one had a tight spot, but I used the water and the gun in a bag trick to loosen it up. Fits like the left one now.

Anyways, my wife is thrilled with the rig and will break it in this weekend. I just wanted to thank those that turned me on to this rig and pass on the recommendation to anyone looking for a nice inexpensive rig.

I have one of these rigs also. It really is a quality setup and Tombstone/Knights was a pleasure to work with. My daughter in law got a custom holster setup from them and it turned out excellent. They really do nice work and have great prices.

That is a REALLY NICE looking rig!

What was their production time?

That is a REALLY NICE looking rig!

What was their production time?

It took 3 1/2 weeks to get, but I think that there was a shipping error. It looks like the wrong zip code was put on it so it went from San Diego to FL, back to San Diego, then finally to my house in FL. It probably would have been two weeks otherwise.

I wouldn't use anything else...Nick make QUALITY stuff. The Starter rig's holsters are as good as they get!!!!!

Tombstone leather deserves a pat on the back for putting out a QUALITY rig that new shooters can afford knowing that it'll last a long time.

:FlagAm:

I ordered the starter rig for my son, and was so impressed with the quality and service that I ordered a custom rig for myself.

Nick did a great job ! I love it ! Black with border tooling, 5 cartridge loops left, 10 shotgun in the middle, 5 cartage loops right. 15* forward cant on the holsters, metal reinforced. And a Morgan silver dollar on each holster in place of a concho - beautiful.

I've been trying for days to order a holster online from them, but they don't seem to be set up for that.

Maybe I'll phone them, someday.

Or maybe they'll start accepting online orders.

I've been trying for days to order a holster online from them, but they don't seem to be set up for that.

Give Nick a call. He's probably just busy. There were a lot of folks around his setup at Winter Range.

His stuff is very reasonable and very high quality. My crossdraw will not come out when I move, no matter how fast or violent i jump around. But it comes right out on the draw and goes right back in.

-tex fiddler

I couldn't get the online order form to work either, so I ended up placing my order over the phone. Not as convenient, but it was well worth the extra effort.

Archived