SASS Wire Forum

Sons of Guns show

Utah Bob #35998

Wellll the bs was flyin a bit tonight.

1. I need a piece of paper to compress the powder??

2. The shady and mysterious "contractor"?

3. The old guy who walks in off the street??

They're getting like all the other "reality shows" I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Wellll the bs was flyin a bit tonight.

1. I need a piece of paper to compress the powder??

2. The shady and mysterious "contractor"?

3. The old guy who walks in off the street??

They're getting like all the other "reality shows" I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

I have never cared much for reality shows, I have a different definition of reality I guess. lol. I thoughty ou read the paper, in the shade, and played chess with the old guy who walks off into the streets after he kicks your hiney at chess.. lol I am use to getting my hinney beat at chess, my step brother was class chess champ at Redondo High School a long long long time ago.lol

I had hopes this one would be different...sigh. :(

Watched it for five minutes last week and changed it to watch penguins survive Antartica....the latter was much more interesting even though I'd seen it before.

BTW, is anyone else besides me bored to tears with the "Amazing Shots". Many of the stunts, like splitting playing cards, is easily accomplished by most shooters once they get the gist of it.

I watched it tonight.Guess I'm being optomistic in that it'll get better,but so far...nope.I'm wondering how long it'll be before the feds grab up that shotgun they cut down for the bozo that wanted a "leopard" gun.And if they want to stay in business they'd better edit out being rude to people that are walk in's like that old gent.

I watched it tonight.Guess I'm being optomistic in that it'll get better,but so far...nope.I'm wondering how long it'll be before the feds grab up that shotgun they cut down for the bozo that wanted a "leopard" gun.And if they want to stay in business they'd better edit out being rude to people that are walk in's like that old gent.

I live here in Baton Rouge and I can tell you that when they owned the shooting range they could get very rude. He does do some interesting work however. Outside the show he used to have some nice weapons in the shop and some footage on his web site. Even back then he had a machine gun mounted on his jeep.

Its fun for what it is, a TV show. Ref them cutting down the 20 gauge into his leopard gun, well I have a feeling that any shop that manufactures class III weapons is going to know how to submit the paperwork on how to get the tax stamp on it. Looked like a howdah pistol to me. Ref the movie gun, I hope that was a semi they coverted to full as the last price I saw on a real M-11 was over $4K.

They lost me several episodes back. I also tried to watch Top Shot last night. Went to the Food Channel for some action.

"Reality TV" is the ultimate oxymoron.

SQQ

When our kids were growing up I was a full time Police Officer, and I also volunteered as a Firefighter/EMT. The last thing I wanted to see at the end of a day was "reality"! ;)

BSD

I don't recall which episode it was, but I only got a few minutes into it. If I got it right, one of the guys in that shop has a felony record? It was kind of hard to tell what was being said, but it sounded like that. Also - making a launcher to fire model rockets at people and ground targets? That is against federal law. We don't need this kind of BS to advertise the shooting sports.

... Also - making a launcher to fire model rockets at people and ground targets? That is against federal law.

It is?? Really? I'da never thunk it. You mean when I used to use a electrical conduit pipe to shoot bottle rockets at my buddies during "bottle rocket wars" I was violating federal law?

Good thing the statute of limitations is WAY past. I was a juvey at the time anyway.

Angus

I watched two episodes and that was enough. The owner has an attitude that I find obnoxious. They sweep each other constantly and generally act like idiots. Phony deadlines and drama, and that truck with the machine gun on the roof is just stupid

The guys at Howe&Howe built a better remote gun mount for the Ripsaw.

I think they might have a better chance at a govt contract than those Louisiana boys. ;)

Archived