SASS Wire Forum

Traditions "Aces & Eights" 1851 clone.

Boondock Saint, #70146

Does anyone know who manufactures the 1851 clone that Traditions sells as the "Aces & Eights" model? It sure is pretty, but it doesn't list what type of frame is under the plating, whether it is steel or brass.

I'm thinking that if these are Pietta or Uberti pistols, then a pair of these might be fun to shoot.

Howdy Boondock - you mean this one here ==> http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/44-cal-wild-bill-hickok-dead-mans-hand-1851-colt-navy-revolver-replica.aspx?a=599443&pn=5

Says in the description it's got a brass frame. I saw one on Gunbroker for $389.

"Richly detailed Black Powder Revolver is an authentic reproduction of "Wild Bill" Hickock's!"

Well, yeah, except for the fictional caliber, the fictional brass frame and the playing-card grips, it's a dead ringer for Hickok's pistol.

While it's problematic to get a solid answer on Wild Bill's guns, this one from Cabela's bargain cave is pretty close. Probably should be nickel and have eagle grips instead of smooth, but who knows for sure:

Engraved 1851 Navy.

Does anyone know who manufactures the 1851 clone that Traditions sells as the "Aces & Eights" model? It sure is pretty, but it doesn't list what type of frame is under the plating, whether it is steel or brass.

I'm thinking that if these are Pietta or Uberti pistols, then a pair of these might be fun to shoot.

They're Pietta's, Boondock. Whoops...Larsen beat me to it. :rolleyes:

I might've bought a set meownself...if for nothing else but to just transfer the grips to my steel 1851's.

Archived