SASS Wire Forum

Where do you Calif boy buy your lead?

Manatee

I may be out here a bit more often than I anticipated and I'm lookin for a good supplier of 200 gr 45 lead boolits for my 1911 and some 125 gr tc for my 38's. Is there a major dealer here in California? If I have to go out of state, I'll use my old sources, but I thought I might be able to give the local guys some bizness....

Thanks in advance for your help.

I may be out here a bit more often than I anticipated and I'm lookin for a good supplier of 200 gr 45 lead boolits for my 1911 and some 125 gr tc for my 38's. Is there a major dealer here in California? If I have to go out of state, I'll use my old sources, but I thought I might be able to give the local guys some bizness....

I've been real happy with 205 grain hollow base bullets from Bear Creek

Smiling Jack usually has a supply that he brings to the Cowboys matches.

You should also get ahold of Cliffhanger - he puts out a great bullet

Coffee

Howdy Manatee

I usually use Redline bullets that are made here in San Diego, Unfortunatly it sounds like Alonzo let his hazmat license expire and has about a three month wait before he's back up and running.

I've been using Chey Cast in the meantime for the bullets I don't cast or am too lazy to cast.

Take it easy

Willy B'

I've been real happy with 205 grain hollow base bullets from Bear Creek.

Coffee

Hey Coughee, have you tried their hollow nosed 185 RNL in a 45 ACP? Their 205gr works great -- could their 185gr be better? Supposed to be very accurate. For Wild Bunch?

Why don't you just go home to Indiana-I heard none of those women would testify. :lol:

Manatee,

I get my supplies from a couple of local casters called "Backyard Bullets". They make real nice 200-gr .45 RNFPs and 125-gr .38 Truncated Cones. They don't have a website, but I could get you a phone #.

IROT

Bear Creek Moly bullets are my fave

The local gunshop is often out of RNFP 200grn .431

Amy of the guys you've mentioned ship?

Thanks

Geo Kid travels around and shoots, he casts bullets of pretty good quality, he does both BP types and smokeless and always has a supply with him. He lives up around Fresno somewhere, maybe Sanger.

Hey Coughee, have you tried their hollow nosed 185 RNL in a 45 ACP? Their 205gr works great -- could their 185gr be better? Supposed to be very accurate. For Wild Bunch?

I have seen the bullet - just not used it.

I guess I like big and slow over little and fast

Best to you

Coffee

Bear Creek is cheap, hard and molycoated. I shot a bazillion of them.

Springfield Slim and Geo Kid are both pards to ride the river with. The others, I have not dealt with.

Looking forward to seeing at a local match out here.

Cheers,

BJT

Archived