SASS Wire Forum

Dreams and how to stop them.

Deja Vous

Stay awake???? lol Geesh...

de stress and watch what you eat in the hours before sleep. If you notice a pattern of what you've eaten with distasteful dreams, change it.

That's all I got, maybe Meg will chime in, she's the head shrinker

de stress and watch what you eat in the hours before sleep. If you notice a pattern of what you've eaten with distasteful dreams, change it.

That's all I got, maybe Meg will chime in, she's the head shrinker

So, I need to shrink my head? lol

Ah My Dear Mademoiselle Vous -

I fear must invoke my trademarked phrase "It Depends"

Numerous spiritual types including many Buddhists, most Native Americans, and nearly all Traditional Aboriginal Peoples of Australia believe that the Dream World is as real and important as the Real World; "things" are going on in the Dream World just as "things" are going on in the Real world ... oft times some message or other is trying to be sent to the dreamer...

Others believe that Dream Time is when the mind either relaxes, or tries to solve the problems that won't go away.

Others believe that the daily stresses we cannot handle continue to be played out in the dreams.

Many people find that whatever they have been doing, watching, or reading right before sleepy time affects their dreams.

Then there are the proponants of "Lucid Dreaming" ...

I myself find that to promote "good sleep" it is useful to engage in a regular "ritual" if you will that you can follow every evening, which helps one to "wind down" and be in a better mental state. I find that being on the computer is a bit "too" stimulating, and I like to watch some sort of TV show or read a short story that doesn't "wind one up" so to speak :-)

hope this helps a bit

yhs

prof marvel

Ah My Dear Mademoiselle Vous -

I fear must invoke my trademarked phrase "It Depends"

Numerous spiritual types including many Buddhists, most Native Americans, and nearly all Traditional Aboriginal Peoples of Australia believe that the Dream World is as real and important as the Real World; "things" are going on in the Dream World just as "things" are going on in the Real world ... oft times some message or other is trying to be sent to the dreamer...

Others believe that Dream Time is when the mind either relaxes, or tries to solve the problems that won't go away.

Others believe that the daily stresses we cannot handle continue to be played out in the dreams.

Many people find that whatever they have been doing, watching, or reading right before sleepy time affects their dreams.

Then there are the proponants of "Lucid Dreaming" ...

I myself find that to promote "good sleep" it is useful to engage in a regular "ritual" if you will that you can follow every evening, which helps one to "wind down" and be in a better mental state. I find that being on the computer is a bit "too" stimulating, and I like to watch some sort of TV show or read a short story that doesn't "wind one up" so to speak :-)

hope this helps a bit

yhs

prof marvel

Thanks .... but I don't wind down I simply fall asleep in the middle of a conversation when i am tired enough.. lol. I did PM ya.. thanks... for the advice.. I have tried meditation and it does work, but this stuff is not about meditation.. lol.. Its about thinking too much I think is all. Or worrying too much..

Dreams are mental nonsense, nothin you can do about 'em. Just enjoy them!

Nightmares can be fun!:blink:

Dreams are mental nonsense, nothin you can do about 'em. Just enjoy them!

Nightmares can be fun!:blink:

Nightmares can be fun? Well, I guess if you take your gun to bed with you to shoot the monsters.. lol

Hang put with better looking men?

Is this a test and will there be extra points for a bonus question?

BMC's is that your final answer? So far you are leading in points based on humor. But I hang out only with great looking men..

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Sometimes... if yore somebody like me... and you've done some really bad things in yore miserable life... your nights deserve to be haunted by bad dreams. There's some folks tell me I deserve a hell of a lot worse. For me, I guess... nightmares are an abundant and copious crop... justly reaped from sowing a callous existence. Righteous punishment... reckon there's no redemption for an unsalvageable sinner.

Most nights.. I lay down knowin' full well I'm gonna have 'em. Amidst all the vivid horror... sights and sounds... accompanied by the usually strong coppery smells.

You find out how to stop 'em... good for you.

But I'm past worryin' bout 'em... cause I know full well I can't go back and undo things...

Try yogurt.

Or is it Yoga?

Or Yoda?

Somethins gotta work.

Lemme know how it goes. :unsure:

BMC's is that your final answer? So far you are leading in points based on humor. But I hang out only with great looking men..

REM is the answer:

Rev up your REMS

During REM, the activity of the brain's neurons is quite similar to that during waking hours; for this reason, the REM-sleep stage may be called paradoxical sleep.[3] This means there are no dominating brain waves during REM sleep.

REM sleep is physiologically different from the other phases of sleep, which are collectively referred to as non-REM sleep (NREM sleep). Vividly recalled dreams mostly occur during REM sleep.

Sometimes... if yore somebody like me... and you've done some really bad things in yore miserable life... your nights deserve to be haunted by bad dreams. There's some folks tell me I deserve a hell of a lot worse. For me, I guess... nightmares are an abundant and copious crop... justly reaped from sowing a callous existence. Righteous punishment... reckon there's no redemption for an unsalvageable sinner.

Most nights.. I lay down knowin' full well I'm gonna have 'em. Amidst all the vivid horror... sights and sounds... accompanied by the usually strong coppery smells.

But I'm past worryin' bout 'em... cause I know full well I can't go back and undo things...

Hey, TS. Ain't nuttin that can't be fixed, if your heart is right.

May not be what you wuz athunkin' but it will happen, if you

open your self to it.

Nightmares can be fun? Well, I guess if you take your gun to bed with you to shoot the monsters.. lol

:lol: A gun is never far away in my house.

Putting all the psychobabble aside - your mind talks to you in dreams,

and if you give credit to Jung, it does so in terms that are understandable.

Your mission is to record these dreams, and then after a while, to spend

the time to understand what it is that is going on inside, and to understand

it. Make it a point to write them down, and to review them in the light of

day.

After a while you will begin to see a pattern - a message from your

subconscious to your conscious . . . that's what you need to understand.

What message is it . .there are guides to the symbology of the dream language,

the archetypes that are present and the vocabulary of dreams.

Once you have some information, then you can begin to understand.

Your dreams are you talking to you . . . it's time to listen . . . .

SC

Gotta take up for Badger...he's a good looking guy for an old reprobate. :)

I bet ya all are.. lol And in my heart you are all brothers to me.. to count on.. to laught with and enjoy guns with.. But why is it everyone knows more than I do? lol.. okay fine.. they do,...

Tennessee.. I have to tell you I have done little in my life that is not on the right side of the law or of God. lol.. And you know what, I bet God is really happy to just know you faults and all cuz you are a hoot.. lol.. I dont have nightmares really, never have had a lot of them, only a few when I was very young. But still talking to guys who are passed over is a bit unnerving to me... I think you could handle it.. maybe God is just making me tougher..

I believe that BMC has it right in that dreams happen during REM.

I've found a simple solution.........For REM to happen you must pass through different and deeper levels of the sleep cycle. That takes time during the night. I tend to only sleep for about four hours on a good night and two on a busy (better) night.

On a bad night I sleep for 8 or more hours (usually as a result of the crash I have from being up too many nights in a row) and that's when I will from time to time dream.

The point.......stay busy!! you won't have time to dream!!

Fact or not, that's what my doc told me. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :lol:

Good luck on your quest for a dreamless night.

~EE(I miss my dreams) Taft~

Disclaimer: Do not operate heavy machinery or drive or work or for that matter walk or talk while following the given advice.......In fact......Don't even follow this advice. It will just leave you tired and grumpy. :lol:

Tennessee.. I have to tell you I have done little in my life that is not on the right side of the law or of God. lol.. And you know what, I bet God is really happy to just know you faults and all cuz you are a hoot.. lol.. I dont have nightmares really, never have had a lot of them, only a few when I was very young. But still talking to guys who are passed over is a bit unnerving to me... I think you could handle it.. maybe God is just making me tougher..

Deja, ya ever have a fever dream?

I did about 2 years ago. I had been sick with pneumonia and nearly ready to go to the hospital when one night about three days into the fever my grandmother came to me. I sat up in bed and talked to her for what seemed like an hour or so. She died in '88.

She told me things that are very vivid in my mind yet today.......I won't disclose what we talked about, but it had to do with her and her place in Heaven.

Next thing I know, Mama Taft had me laid down with a cool rag on my head. She thought I had completely lost my mind. Said she heard one whole side of the conversation as if I was awake, but she couldn't wake me up. I woke up on my own when I was done talking with my grandmother.

I woke up the next morning with no signs of fever and went to work as if nothin had happened. Havn't had a fever since either.

How's that for a dream!

~EE Taft~

Mark Twain wrote that he used to have mince meat pie late at night . . . . until he found that it was "loaded". :blink:

I presume his meaning was that it stimulated him to have crazy dreams. :huh:

I know it would stimulate me the next morning!:lol:

Deja, ya ever have a fever dream?

I did about 2 years ago. I had been sick with pneumonia and nearly ready to go to the hospital when one night about three days into the fever my grandmother came to me. I sat up in bed and talked to her for what seemed like an hour or so. She died in '88.

She told me things that are very vivid in my mind yet today.......I won't disclose what we talked about, but it had to do with her and her place in Heaven.

Next thing I know, Mama Taft had me laid down with a cool rag on my head. She thought I had completely lost my mind. Said she heard one whole side of the conversation as if I was awake, but she couldn't wake me up. I woke up on my own when I was done talking with my grandmother.

I woke up the next morning with no signs of fever and went to work as if nothin had happened. Havn't had a fever since either.

How's that for a dream!

~EE Taft~

Yes, I have had a fever dream in the past. It was always in fast motion, like running down a hill, or flying really fast... They are odd dreams!

Deja, you and I are Breeds. And you know our Ancestors speak.

Be it in dreams or in other ways, they do speak. So does the Lord.

I have found if I listen to my Ancestors speaking and then listen to the Lord speaking, both are near the same. I have ignored them a time or two, and the results was very, very bad.

Don't try to get rid of you're dreams. I think you will be sorry in the long run.

Putting all the psychobabble aside - your mind talks to you in dreams,

and if you give credit to Jung, it does so in terms that are understandable.

Your mission is to record these dreams, and then after a while, to spend

the time to understand what it is that is going on inside, and to understand

it. Make it a point to write them down, and to review them in the light of

day.

After a while you will begin to see a pattern - a message from your

subconscious to your conscious . . . that's what you need to understand.

What message is it . .there are guides to the symbology of the dream language,

the archetypes that are present and the vocabulary of dreams.

Once you have some information, then you can begin to understand.

Your dreams are you talking to you . . . it's time to listen . . . .

SC

I started a while back recording them when I wake up in the night. If I sleep though I forget them. Then these dreams started with people giving me advice... it is just really odd having people on the other side giving me advice. I have not written any of them down to be honest with you... they scare me just a bit.

Deja, you and I are Breeds. And you know our Ancestors speak.

Be it in dreams or in other ways, they do speak. So does the Lord.

I have found if I listen to my Ancestors speaking and then listen to the Lord speaking, both are near the same. I have ignored them a time or two, and the results was very, very bad.

Don't try to get rid of you're dreams. I think you will be sorry in the long run.

In the past my dreams were always fun ones for the most part, or ones in pretty colors with a message.. these are different, there are souls in them, and I don't like to look at the dead is the truth. I prefer to get use to them being going in my own time.

Are they in colour??

And 3D?

;)

I do dream in color but black an white too.. and one dream was both at the same time sort of. And yes, I see the depth of a horses chest and the inside of a carriage and they are not flat like a post card, so I dream like it were real life. Is that not normal?

In the past my dreams were always fun ones for the most part, or ones in pretty colors with a message.. these are different, there are souls in them, and I don't like to look at the dead is the truth. I prefer to get use to them being going in my own time.

Well, you will have to face the dead sometime. And that's the plain truth.

So you might get used to it so that when that time comes, you will know how to handle it.

I know that's not what you want to hear , but there it is...

Listen to them.

Well, you will have to face the dead sometime. And that's the plain truth.

So you might get used to it so that when that time comes, you will know how to handle it.

I know that's not what you want to hear , but there it is...

Listen to them.

Apaches, I face things in my own time. I could never understand why you have to view death? Just give me time and I adjust to about anything sort of daily beatings.. lol... But death is not one of the things I face well. I can do the part up to.. and after.. It is like crying you know what I mean? When you see people crying you want to cry too, so it makes it harder for them. If you stifle that, it is easier for them and you get to take some time to adjust to the pain in your heart.

Archived