SASS Wire Forum

Life in ice water..

Deja Vous

I finally have hot water again..lol.. My showers have been cold for several days. They would lite it but it would go out and by the time I would shower it would be cold, even my dishes were not being done on time... You don't know how good you have it until you lose it, huh? They finally replaced my water heater today!!!

The decision has been should I shower in the AM or PM? Either way it was cold.

oh yeah, that's right. Probably shouldn't shower while talking on a cell phone neither.

I lived in a camper shell on the my pickup for about a year, you get real creative finding a shower when you need one.

the gym is a great idea, but I was home late most nights. And I need some time with my Rat dog, so early morning I try to spend with her when I am home. She hates the gym, she says the place smells, and my phone rings too much when I am there.. lol

oh yeah, that's right. Probably shouldn't shower while talking on a cell phone neither.

I lived in a camper shell on the my pickup for about a year, you get real creative finding a shower when you need one.

You shouldn't keep it in you back pocket in the bathroom, or pass it over a cup of water or coffee either while you are driving.. Cell phones love water.. lol

Hot running water is a luxury. Most people living on this planet don't have it. Many of them have no idea what it even is. Doing without it for a while makes one appreciate it. :)

We are so lucky to live in the best country in the whole wide world! And you are right we don't appreciate it enough, all the things we have I mean. It sure felt good last night to shower and be warm and cozy. I guess a lot of things I did last night I need to appreciate more. Having hot water to do the dishers piled up in my sink from not having hot water, lol... having a television I can turn on and ignore most of the time while I post on here and answer emails and phone calls on my cell ... Having a sofa and a warm floor to play with Rats on, she loves it when I lay on the floor with her. And having beef to BBQ and eat with veggies has to be something many would be so happy to have. So, now I am feeling greedy.. lol. We do have it all here in America..

Grizzes if I carry an umbrella can I take my cell into my shower? lol

Ya coulda filled the tub up halfway then boiled some water on the stove and dumped it in and taken a warm bath. Just sayin..........:lol:

When I was a teen, we lived in a house without running water for a spell. We took sponge baths during the week near the kitchen stove or the wood stove in the living room. On weekends, we drove 20 miles or so to an Aunt's house and took a hot shower. During the summertime, us kids just went to the creek and swam daily. ^_^

Just after getting married, I took a job working in a fiberglass boat factory. You quickly learned to at least start with a cold shower to rinse the ground fiberglass dust off. Warm water would open the pores in your skin, and it would itch for just that much longer. Worked there about three or four years. Cold showers the whole time. :angry:

I need at least 20 mins under hot water in the a.m. to be able to move without pain. Without hot water I would have to do a sponge bath with Bio Freeze.

marshals what you need is a hug from Apples.. lol... then you will be ready to face the day.. to heck with the warm water..

Ya coulda filled the tub up halfway then boiled some water on the stove and dumped it in and taken a warm bath. Just sayin..........:lol:

Stop it Ryes.. lol...

As a kid I did that at my Grandmothers house. Her tube was a claw foot in the basement and it drained on to a floor drain.. the old wood burner in the basement kept me warm as I sat in the tub with bubbles.. yeah she turned me on to bubbles am my life has never been the same.. lol.. Course they were kinda harsh ones back then. surprised I have any skin left.. lol..

The water got cold, the room got chilled and the light above the old wooden medicine cabinet would generate shadows on the walls. I loved it, because I could do birds and rabbits and stuff with my hands .. lol Grandmother use to say I could entertain myself for hours with a rocker and imagination.

She was so funny and such an earth mother type. Still I had to play my tricks on her, and I use to do some crazy stuff... I was the child with a strange temperment I guess.. One night as I went to the outhouse she came out with a 12 qauge and put away a skunk that was chasing her dog, Zippo.. loll yeah, she named it zippo. or Grandfather did.. lol It had rabies.... From that point on I realized that my Grandmother was no ordinary woman... she was a woman from the past.. and I guess I copied her, cuz I never feel that there is not a chore that I should not help with.

Grandmother milked cows, worked in the fields, drove the tractor never a car thought except in a ditch at high speed... and made bread, butter, and the best food you could ever wish for. She did what she was needed to do, and she answered the call of life with a smile and a good heart. I use to check her blood sugar for her, and I will never forget the first time she taught me to stick her with a needle.. I cried while I did it and she scolded me for that. She told me I was doing a good thing, not a bad thing. .so stop crying and she aid, know that I am so happy someone else is poking me for a change.. lol.. years later I took my turn sleeping many night in chair in Madison Wi by her side as she suffered with colon cancer.

It did not take her life, she fought it and won.. but he heart did take her finally... the last thing she did was tell my sister who was there that night that she needed to go home.. My poor sister responded' " grandmother, you are too weak an sick to go home ( she had broken her hip)... She said, no, I am going home now.. and she smiled a bit and passed away..

My grandfather when he died of a stroke called out my grandmothers name as his last words.. If I ever in my life have that kind of love and devotion I will feel very honored..

They lived such a simple life, yet it was so full of love, joy, devotion, and respect for family. And in the end they only thought of each other. My grandmother told me so many stories about grandfather and his life, and their life there was never a doubt about how much they love each other.. DV

Deja, Nice story about yer Grandma, I enjoyed readin that. She sounded like a great lady.:) Rye

Hot running water is a luxury. Most people living on this planet don't have it. Many of them have no idea what it even is. Doing without it for a while makes one appreciate it. :)

Yur so right !

Growin' up, da only way to git hot water was draw water from a well den build a fire to heat it wif.

And wif more kids in da family, da water gits chilly and a mite dirty when da last kid gits done.

Deja, Nice story about yer Grandma, I enjoyed readin that. She sounded like a great lady.:) Rye

Thanks Ryes... I love my Grandmother.. she had the best stories in the whole wide world.. Living down a mile long drive way 30 miles from the closest town was pretty cool in the summers.. As a kid I related very well to animals... I was too friendly with people, so they put me in the barn and as far from town as they could.. lol

Archived