SASS Wire Forum

Computer wizards- HELP!

Red Hooker

Just like it says in the title-when I click on a link, I get a "pop up blocked" icon. Wazzup wi' dat?? Please keep it simple- I'm simple when it comes to computers. :unsure:

What version of Windows are you using?

Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer? If so, what version?

Try this.

Go to Tools, look for Pop-up Blocker.

Turn it off, if nothing else.

Or go to Settings and play with those.

When in tools, if you don't see Pop-up Blocker, look for Add-ons.

What version of Windows are you using?

Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer? If so, what version?

Try this.

Go to Tools, look for Pop-up Blocker.

Turn it off, if nothing else.

Or go to Settings and play with those.

When in tools, if you don't see Pop-up Blocker, look for Add-ons.

XP.

I think 7-I tried 8, but it kept kicking me off the 'net and gave me pop-ups out the wazoo-for Internet Explorer. Got rid of that. I recently got some updates and tried to give me 9, but I think I got rid of it.

Can't find "Settings".

Edit: Or tools, either.

Control panel, internet options, security tab

Yep. And somewhere in there you should have the ability to make exceptions. That is, you can keep the pop-up block active, but if you ad the SASS site address to the exceptions list, the block feature doesn't apply to that site.

Yep. And somewhere in there you should have the ability to make exceptions. That is, you can keep the pop-up block active, but if you ad the SASS site address to the exceptions list, the block feature doesn't apply to that site.

All I get is a straight enable/disable choice.

All I get is a straight enable/disable choice.

What version of Explorer are you using? If you click on "Tools" in the upper right hand corner of the window, you should see "Pop Up Blocker" in the menu. Drag your mouse/cursor over that and you should see two options, "turn off (or on) pop up blocker" and "pop up blocker settings". Select "pop up blocker settings" and you should get a window that allows you to make exceptions.

If you don't see any of those things, download Firefox at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/. The same options are available there.

Good luck!

You should absolutely stop using Internet Explorer for anything other than Microsoft's own updates and the rare case where a website will only work with IE.

If us techies could snap our fingers and make IE vanish one day, we'd do it in a heartbeat. It's a detestable mess. If you WANT malware infections, by all means keep right on using it.

Get Firefox as mentioned, and then to halt a lot of annoyances add:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashblock/

When you're finally ready to get serious about the virus/trojan/spyware/theft/crapware problems, you'll run Linux. Basically a cousin to the Mac operating system, except free and works on standard PCs.

Archived