SASS Wire Forum

Wardrobe malfunction...What's the call

Slick Derringer

In the old west and in B western movies I will be at least one hat got knocked off or the wind blew off at hat. Get serious folks.

I WAS REPLYING TO BJT'S COMMENT ABOUT WEARING HIS HAT AS A CODPIECE.

If you want to quote someone, don't take it out of context to make them look like a... :angry:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm. I don't think there's a requirement to wear spurs On Your Boots.

B Western:

"Western spurs with rowels are required for men"

You coulda hung em on your belt. That would show the jerk. :lol:

Darlin' Bobby,

Yes there is a rule about wearing spurs on boots as there is for wearing a hat on your head or attached to a wild rag around your neck. That is what I was referring to when I remarked about BJT's wearing his hat as a codpiece. The following is from P. 3 of the SHB, "ALL clothing and equipment MUST be worn appropriately, how it was intended and how it would have been worn in the OLD WEST or as seen on B-Western movies and television."

I still think MT's TO was a hard ass; but, I do not think wearing spurs on one's belt is an appropriate response. He should have either got a rope, ;) taken the issue to the MD for arbitration, or changed categories.

I also think any RO giving a P for a hat blowing off should have his ... cut off. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

I also think any RO giving a P for a hat blowing off should have his ... cut off. ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

OUCH! What do we cut off ifn its an ROette? :lol::lol::o

..........Widder

Darlin' Bobby,

Yes there is a rule about wearing spurs on boots as there is for wearing a hat on your head or attached to a wild rag around your neck. That is what I was referring to when I remarked about BJT's wearing his hat as a codpiece. The following is from P. 3 of the SHB, "ALL clothing and equipment MUST be worn appropriately, how it was intended and how it would have been worn in the OLD WEST or as seen on B-Western movies and television."

I still think MT's TO was a hard ass; but, I do not think wearing spurs on one's belt is an appropriate response. He should have either got a rope, ;) taken the issue to the MD for arbitration, or changed categories.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Sure and it's a violent girl ya are! :lol::lol:

The rule that all clothing and accoutrements be worn appropriately was put in place out of necessity. Some ole boy was wearing his spurs on his elbows. At that time there was no rule against it. Because of fools like him we get more and more rules spelling out just what idjits can do and can not do.

So no, UB no spurs in the belt.

Slick, I have to agree this was a no call, you did nothing to gain an advantage and should not have gotten a P for your hat falling off. Of course some people like to quote rules just to because thats the way they are,they really don't understand the rules. Been seeing alot of this lately.

Hmmmmm......two pages to discuss an obvious no-brainer call about a hat falling off. No one I know would give a "P" if a hat fell off or was knocked off or blew off in a high wind. That is so obvious as to actually hurt the head thinking about. Anyone that would give out a "P" for such an occurrence is not only the poster child for "hard ass TO", but would also qualify in the "jackass" catagory as well. If I was posse leader and such a call was made, I'd relieve that individual of any further TO duties on my posse permanently and irrevocably. I think unloading table officer would be right up their ally, though. Not much responsibility and can't get in the way too much.....

Jeeze!!!

IR (2 pages on such a stupid idea!!) OT

Bottom line -- politely challenge the call to the match director. If the match director upholds the call, then finish out the match and vote with your feet. I wouldn't care to shoot at a match where people have this type of attitude.

You are shooting B western and your hat comes off.... I have seen lots of B western movies where a hat blew off so, just like in the movie,,,,,, no problem

opps now there are two

I talked to PaleWolf Brunelle about this yesterday at Winter Range and he says that it is a NO CALL. The shooter started the stage with the hat on and it came off during the satge. Happens all the time with wind and such.

Painted Filly

I talked to PaleWolf Brunelle about this yesterday at Winter Range and he says that it is a NO CALL. The shooter started the stage with the hat on and it came off during the satge. Happens all the time with wind and such.

Painted Filly

Please tell me he rolled his eyes at the rediculousness of the question when you asked him.

Please tell me he rolled his eyes at the rediculousness of the question when you asked him.

He is a gentleman and would not do that. :lol:

I have observed many hats blowing off here in Texas in the spring.......never heard of a P being given.....if'n you start with a hat and have full intent to wear your hat, then giving a P is sort of silly.

Strangely, no one has considered that when your hat blows, falls, gets knocked off or what ever, there is a LARGE SAFETY consideration in trying to grab or pick up the hat during the course of fire. Attempting to pick the hat should not be attempted, the same as the "dropped ammo" rule and its "reason".

Strangely, no one has considered that when your hat blows, falls, gets knocked off or what ever, there is a LARGE SAFETY consideration in trying to grab or pick up the hat during the course of fire. Attempting to pick the hat should not be attempted, the same as the "dropped ammo" rule and its "reason".

Yes Sir I did....back on page one

"I wouldn't want to shoot at a club that gave a P because someone's hat fell off while he was shooting.

What's he suppose to do stop and bend down to get the hat?

That might end up being unsafe...."

My first thought when I read the OP was that it would be a bad idea to try to pick up the hat.

I'm with IROT!! I can't beleive this has made a third page.

And yet they deleted the DRIVEL thread in the saloon? REALLY!! :lol::lol::lol:

Bottom line -- politely challenge the call to the match director. If the match director upholds the call, then finish out the match and vote with your feet. I wouldn't care to shoot at a match where people have this type of attitude.

But then you'd miss the opportunity to have some fun!

My hat "falls" off. They give me a "P"

Next stage I would manage to have my hat "fall" of again ;) nother "P"...

I would see how many stages or how many matches it would take before they got tired of me "loosing" my hat and they stop "P"ing on me. :P

But then you'd miss the opportunity to have some fun!

My hat "falls" off. They give me a "P"

Next stage I would manage to have my hat "fall" of agian ;) nother "P"...

I would see how many stages or how many matches it would take before they got tired of me "loosing" my hat and they stop "P"ing on me in. :P

Hi Darlin',

I know you're "funnin'!"

I just want to set the record straight on CC and BW costume penalties when there is a failure to wear a required piece of clothing. The shooter would be advised to change categories or would earn a progressive penalty, which is a P on the first stage, SDQ on the second stage, and MDQ on the third stage. I hope most people will realize this would not be appropriate for the wind taking someone's hat.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS See the ROI Glossary for Progressive Penalty definition and the Pocket RO Card for examples, which includes "Not wearing the correct items in Classic Cowboy..."

Archived