SASS Wire Forum

I have not been out to the range for over a week now.

The Original Bad Bob

snap caps and dry fire practice. Practice transitions.

Or, watch a western movie...preferably while you reload if you can do so safely.

Winter time I'm lucky to shoot one match a month weather permitting. I fill the time with other interests and reloading. I keep saying I'm going to do dry fire practice, and my times would be helped alot if I did, but never seem to get around to it.

Or you can buy Aquilla .22's, no powder just bullet and primer, I shoot 'em in my basement outta my Colt .22 SA. Set up a box and fill it with rags, newspapers etc. and have fun!:rolleyes:

I have some .22 shorts I was thinking about shooting into a backstop in my back yard, but the neighbors would probably hear the pop pop pop and get nervous.

Once I shot a big possum at night in my yard. Used a .22 magnum, one shot in the neck was all it took. The possum was holed up under a bush up against the house. A guy had chased it out of his yard after it fought with his cats.

The guy next to me was the only person in the neighborhood who commented about the shot. He said, "Did you hear that explosion last night?" he asked me the next day. I just laughed and told him what happened.

If people hear just one shot they go, "What was that?" then if they don't hear any more, they just don't worry about it. Human nature.

Archived