SASS Wire Forum

rules on FCD holstering

dutch bear

Howdy

i have a question:

if i shoot FCD under SASS rules, what is the rule on holstering my pistols?

especialy:can i draw my second pistol while the first is still out of the holster(empty) or do i have to reholster the first before drawing the second?

i have seen shooters here in europe do it when pistols where the last shots of the stage they will draw the left pistol,shoot it, get it back in the left hand and keep it pointing in a save direction, draw the second pistol with the remaining hand and shoot it,reholstering both pistols after the last shot.

the reason i ask is that the rules on this are different in a couple of country's here in europe

best regards

Dutch Bear

I agree with Allie, once that first gun is empty you can draw the second and blast away without holstering the first.

Of course, local club and range rules may vary and take precedence over SASS rules.

Perfectly legal, unless the stage description specifically instructs the shooter to holster or possibly re-stage the first pistol. The scenario could read something like this:

"Draw 1st pistol and engage pistol targets 5 on 3, holster your first pistol (or just "holster"), draw 2nd pistol and sweep the pistol targets left to right."

Perfectly legal, unless the stage description specifically instructs the shooter to holster or possibly re-stage the first pistol. The scenario could read something like this:

"Draw 1st pistol and engage pistol targets 5 on 3, holster your first pistol (or just "holster"), draw 2nd pistol and sweep the pistol targets left to right."

..... being a GunFighter I ignore this instruction all the time.

... AND it was made redundant by the bit in the rulebook that says "revolvers are returned to leather after use unless otherwise instructed".

With regard to the original question, .... yes you can.

This is a perfect example of why stage insturctions should never say "holster" after each pistol. This is covered by the stage covenents. There is always someone out there trying to give a P for this when it is allowed in the rules. Much easier to say....

"with pistols shoot two 2-1-2 sweeps starting on either end" or "with pistols shoot 5 rounds on three targets twice"

Jefro :ph34r:

Howdy Dutch Bear,

Ive been shooting double duelist for years. When I shoot my 5th shot with my first pistol I am pulling my second pistol out, don't have to holster, just keep it in a safe direction I hold mine stright down next to my holster. Then I put both back into holsters when finished. Some like to holster first one right way I like to concentrate on my 6th shot and not worry about trying to put in holster or droping it.

Hope this answers your question.

Wagon Master Duke

As others have noted, this is a good example of bad stage writing.

And ANY stage writer who writes such drivel should be required to shoot duelist for a decade.........

Archived