SASS Wire Forum

Interested in Model P jr 4 3/4"

The title says it all. I'm looking at getting a set of Model P jr 38 W/4 3/4" barrels or the same in Stallions.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

Guest jeweler jim

Have replied to threads similar to this one before and have had conversations via the phone after passing the number, but the gist of it was like others you need to be checking the screws for tightness, stay with the coil springs on the hand, keep the cylinder pins clean or they can be a bugger to get in and out (consider part replacements from VTI) and of significance is the "hammer issue." Don't mean to be verbose, but...

Found that for me and others the steel in the hammer needed to be hardened. In fact I had to fill the depression in the hammers that developed and then harden them. You would think that with many hundreds of years of gun manufacture they would know how to harden steel across the water, but... Anyway, you might find that one day you're shooting the stage and you get a few of the misfires that require you to run around the cylinder again to pick them up. Might think that it's you with possibly impeding the hammer strike or other shooter problems. It ain't it's the gun and you'll note that there's a depression developing on the hammers if you're lucky enough to notice that right away.

Have way more in the guns now than I'll ever get out of them, but with the bugs out I like em. And the original purchase was to accommodate the small hands of my daughter.

Just my opinion and experience your mileage may vary.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/jimschad/_Z3G0914-Version2.jpg

Archived