SASS Wire Forum

Tarus Lightening

Gideon Withette

There was a guy on the wire some time ago that was trying to make the Tarus Lightening work. A man with a real future. Anyway there are a number of those things laying around our area that don't work. I am interested too find out how far the project to make them go has gotten. I would love to hear a sucess story. Anyone know this Cowboy??

Well, he'll probably kill me for telling you his name because I think he is already swamped with work.

But, he is Deadeye Dallas, down in Florida.

Great feller.....darn great smith on those pumpers.

..........Widder

Well, he'll probably kill me for telling you his name because I think he is already swamped with work.

But, he is Deadeye Dallas, down in Florida.

Great feller.....darn great smith on those pumpers.

..........Widder

Widder,

Thanks for the kind words.

Gideon thanks for your interest in the Taurus. I have experienced models with serial numbers starting with Y, Z and A. With the A models being by far the worst. Here is a link to my last post I made on another issue I found. I am making the fix I described on the other models that were finished, just as a precaution.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164431&st=0&p=2116845&fromsearch=1entry2116845

I will start sending rifles back home to go to matches soon. Two of my test models have shot through matches without any problems. I wanted to be sure I have addressed all the issues before sending them back. The most common problem and the one I have seen on EVERY Taurus is the carrier coming up too high. My carrier mod has eliminated that problem.

Dallas

There was a guy on the wire some time ago that was trying to make the Tarus Lightening work. A man with a real future. Anyway there are a number of those things laying around our area that don't work. I am interested too find out how far the project to make them go has gotten. I would love to hear a sucess story. Anyone know this Cowboy??

Gideon ... take a look at all of Deadeye's Success Videos ... http://www.youtube.com/user/HarryJeffcoat#g/u

Of interest with the John Boy video ... Dallas is shooting mixed caliber rounds and slam firing the rifle while it is canted. Taurus T-Bolts are were :) notorious to have the rounds not chamber - rolling off the carrier in a canted position ... and not to mention the dreaded stove piping of rounds

Archived