SASS Wire Forum

Pepperbox Pistol

Come On Christmas

I like the rotating barrel guns (percussion) and the sharps pepperbox cartridge guns.

Are there Uberti/Pietta style copies of the same?

Shameless

I like the rotating barrel guns (percussion) and the sharps pepperbox cartridge guns.

Are there Uberti/Pietta style copies of the same?

Shameless

Neither Uberti or Pietta made a pepperbox replica that I know of; however, Hoppes (and a couple other makers?) did make one back in the 70s-80s that show up on the auction sites from time to time. And, originals can sometimes be had reasonably from the auctions stites as well.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Neither Uberti or Pietta made a pepperbox replica that I know of; however, Hoppes (and a couple other makers?) did make one back in the 70s-80s that show up on the auction sites from time to time. And, originals can sometimes be had reasonably from the auctions stites as well.

Yep, I have been seeing them on Gunbroker. Seems like I sawr a replica of the Sharps 4 barrel 22 short.

Shameless

Yep, I have been seeing them on Gunbroker. Seems like I sawr a replica of the Sharps 4 barrel 22 short.

Shameless

In my original reply, I got hung up on the 'rorating barrel' part of your post and completely overlooked the 'Sharpes Pepperbox' part. Uberti, Miroku, and HJS all made replicas of the .22 caliber Sharps no. 1 Pepperbox. HJS also made a model called the Lone Star Deringer that was chambered for .38 S&W. They show up on the auction sites every now & then. The Gunrunner Auctions Navy Arms one referenced looks like one of Uberti's, was made in 1968 (from the date code in the picture) and is chambered in 22long rifle. I have a Miroku that I think was made in the '70s and is also chambered for 22LR. It came in a velvet covered, satin lined presentation case.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Mark Twain

Mark Twain said the only safe place to be when a Pepperbox was fired was behind the fellow pulling the trigger... I think he was referring to the Allen version :rolleyes:

It was in "Roughing it". And the Allen was apparently prone to chain fires. A fellow stagecoach passenger had one. The line goes something like "The Allen was so comprehensive that when he aimed at the bole of a tree, he fetched the nigh mule" of the coach's team.

error

Shameless

You might have seen it here. Happy Trails had a replica for sale maybe four months ago. When no one bought it, he put it on Gunbroker, where I picked it up for $50 more than his original offer.

Archived