SASS Wire Forum

Man With No Name Trilogy

Been looking forward to watching these again. Got about 35 minutes into the first one (A Fistful Of Dollars) before I had enough.

Forgot about the butchery inflicted on movies by AMC. I suppose if you don't have DVDs or subscribe to a premium movie channel it's the only game in town. But the excess commercials (not to mention heavy-handed censorship) really destroys the enjoyment of watching a movie. Just couldn't take any more.

Maybe I'm being too critical. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

AMC is one of the worst..I know what ya mean, I'm getting to where I can't watch the channels that overdo the commercials either! :angry:

I know the ads are what pays for the programs..But it's gone wayyy past ridiculous! :wacko:

We got rid of cable a while back and use netflix or a DVD for movies.

We just couldn't take the thought of throwing money at cable and the internet at the same time. We put the dvd in the computer and its been working great.

No commercials during our movies!The Netflix instant stream is great for watching the older westerns too!

Sure bites when a movie arrives scratched though. :angry:

Just noticed that Encore is going to show Bruce Willis' Last Man Standing in about an hour. This is a modern (if the 1930's can be considered modern) remake of A Fistful Of Dollars. Not a bad job, IMHO.

Spooky if you or anyone else out there has the DVDs would you do me a favor? Had the first one on in the background and think I saw a Colt Lightning in the scene where Van Cleef goes out to his horse and undoes the roll up gun case to take on the bad guy he's chased out of the hotel. This is the same movie where Clint holds off the badguy at the end with a "henry" that looks like something from a dime store.

Iron Pony; You are right about the Colt Lightning rifle. A long barreled pistol was on top, then the Colt Lightning,

A Winchester '92 carbine which he uses and a double barreled shotgun on the bottom. I stopped action and freeze framed it.

Big Jake

You're correct. Commercial channels make any movie unwatchable for me. :angry:

I am blissfully unaffected by the malady that effects you all. I have only seen alot of these movies on TV, so am unaware of any butchery. The commercials are annoying, but give a great chance to use the facilities, get a snack, refill my water jug, let the dog out, let the dog back in, come check the Saloon, etc etc.

However, the movies I really like alot I buy on DVD.

There were about 90,000 originals made and I have one made in 1890. 38-40 cal. They were just old guns in the 50's and 60's. and not worth a tenth of what they are today.

Big Jake

well since you obviously have a computer, you can either order the dvd's online and have them sent to you.

or if you don't want to buy them, search torrents sites.

those sites allow you to download files.

you have to be careful and like napster, they dance at the edge of the law.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Just noticed that Encore is going to show Bruce Willis' Last Man Standing in about an hour. This is a modern (if the 1930's can be considered modern) remake of A Fistful Of Dollars. Not a bad job, IMHO.

Both movies... Last Man Standing... and A Fistful of Dollars... are remakes of the great merc film by Akira Kurosawa... Yojimbo (1961).

ts

Both movies... Last Man Standing... and A Fistful of Dollars... are remakes of the great merc film by Akira Kurosawa... Yojimbo (1961).

ts

Yup. Yojimbo and The Seven Samurai should be in every western video collection imho.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

AMC has been showing a lot of Westerns lately. They are good at making a 90 minute movie last 3 hours by filling it with a commercial break every 5 minutes. I DVR them, then skip the commercials. It would be unbareable to watch them live.

I use to subscribe to a "commercials" channel... but they started interupting the commercials with more and more action flicks...

So I cancelled the subscription. May have to get this AMC channel real soon.

ts

Archived