SASS Wire Forum

Set 'em up...I'm buying

An' Barkeep! Set one up fer the lady!

Congratulations, I know what you mean. I also am one of choice. I couldn't wait for the time period to apply to come around. By choice also meant a lot of studying for the test, and taking the oath meant a lot more then just saying allegiance to the USA, and its Constitution. MT

Thank you to you and Marshall for having the love for and confidence in this country to do so! Congratulations as well!

May God continue to bless your decision! Now, can you offer a tutorial to our neighbors south of the border on how to do it legally :lol:

May God continue to bless your decision! Now, can you offer a tutorial to our neighbors south of the border on how to do it legally :lol:

+1 :FlagAm::lol:

:FlagAm:

Today marks my 25th year as an American citizen. By choice! This round is on me!

Puzzlement.

From your Avatar you ain't a day over twenty.... ;)

Thanks so much everyone for the kind words (especially that smooth talking Matthew Duncan)! My mom, brother and I all became citizens the same day (dad got in early!) and we're more American than many Americans we know.

Love for the USA runs deep in our family and we're proud to be here, proud to defend, proud to support. This country isn't perfect...but there are so many great attributes. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'll fight the good fight to hold on to what makes this country great.

May we not squander what we have...

God bless the USA!

Special thanks to Kate and MT for choosing to join the rest of us Yanks. I'm not sure that we didn't get the best of the bargain!!

Today marks my 25th year as an American citizen. By choice! This round is on me!

Congrats hon.. lol... Being born here, i feel darn lucky to be in the best nation in the whole wide world...

Congrats, CK.

I can remember my Mom studying for the test and the subsequent swearing in ceremony in Niagra Falls, NY.

I had just turned 4 when she became a citizen and I didn't really understand what that meant at the time. But I remember her crying.

JFK was murdered later that year.

I remember her crying her eyes out.

She pinned little flags on our shirts over our hearts to show our respect.

Learned a lot from my Mom.

Waimea

Congratulations! I'm sure it means more to you than to the majority of the "Natives".

My paternal grandparents "Came Over On The Boat" as my Dad used to say. Family on my mothers side has been here since the 1700's. Don't know what that makes me, other than a Patriot, and I credit my parents for that.

Congratulations Again,

Dogmeat Dad

America's gain is Canada's loss....all the best Calgary(city of my birth)Kate. :):) Do you have duel citizenship?

Us "born here" Americans need to sometimes stop and appreciate that we were born in the greatest country ever! God Bless the USA!:FlagAm:

USA born and raised in Cleveland,Ohio

Archived