SASS Wire Forum

Another questions about FLAGS

I don't have a light so it comes down.

Besides I kinda like raising it in the morning.

I am with Bob on that. Take it down at sunset, put it up at sunrise.

I do have a problem with some folks that stick it out and then forget it. It hangs like

a forgotten bit of something, gathering dirt. Not sure what to do about it though. <_<

Out in the morning, in at night. Or in the rain.

I fly 48 star that I rescued from a dumpster. It was in a box of books, was clean if a bit yellow from the age. There was a bit of fraying at the top corner of the fly, but easy to repair (yes, you can repair a flag. You can even wash one). I figured it deserved better than to be tossed out like trash.

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy, my family has flown a flag in front of our house since my dad came home from WW11, he installed a light to shine on it when I was alittle boy, I bought my first house in 1969 and did the same, and have had a flag flying 24/7 ever since then. I have a flag sticker on my car and gun cart. I'm proud to be an american and call this country home.

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

6 flags for 5 nephews and 1 for my best friends son who are in our countrys service,. May they all come home safely.

I don't have a light so it comes down.

Besides I kinda like raising it in the morning.

That's cool, but I like looking out the window in the morning and seeing Old Glory flying proud ready for another day ;)

Archived