SASS Wire Forum

Moving to Texas

Halfbreed Hoss #55914-Life

Howdy Texas Pards,

I will be moving to Amarillo, Texas around the 17th of June, 2011. Met a wonderful li'l filly from there and the rest is history!

I would like all the info you Texans can give me regarding SASS Clubs, firearms laws, etc.

Thankin' ya'll in advance...

HH

:FlagAm:

Howdy Texas Pards,

I will be moving to Amarillo, Texas around the 17th of June, 2011. Met a wonderful li'l filly from there and the rest is history!

I would like all the info you Texans can give me regarding SASS Clubs, firearms laws, etc.

HH

Moving again...I bought most of what you selling last time...Are you doing another garage sale??

Texas Lizard

Moving again...I bought most of what you selling last time...Are you doing another garage sale??

Texas Lizard

No, not this time Lizard. All I have anymore is the absolute minimum basics to shoot this sport.

Good to hear from you tho.........

HH

CHL is available for those that qualify and take the test. Carry is most places, certain restrictions on bars and restaraunts that get more than 51% of there revenue from alchohol sales. No permit needed to carry concealed in your vehicle. If a business wants you to not carry with your CHL, provided they are not already restricted, they must post in at least 1 inch high letters the exact wording in the law, section 30.06. Each entrance must be posted.

There's a Steak House just west of town, has a 72 oz sirloin. If'n you can eat it in an hour it's free. We'll see bout that Hoss bidness! ;)

CHL is available for those that qualify and take the test. Carry is most places, certain restrictions on bars and restaraunts that get more than 51% of there revenue from alchohol sales. No permit needed to carry concealed in your vehicle. If a business wants you to not carry with your CHL, provided they are not already restricted, they must post in at least 1 inch high letters the exact wording in the law, section 30.06. Each entrance must be posted.

There's a Steak House just west of town, has a 72 oz sirloin. If'n you can eat it in an hour it's free. We'll see bout that Hoss bidness! ;)

Hey Goody,

I already have a Nevada CCW which is honored in the LONE STAR State, so I'm good there for awhile.

Are you talking about the Big Texan steakhouse on I-40? Yeah, been there twice in my life. Love that joint!!!

Thanks fer the advice tho...

HH

All I can say is Welcome to Texas...enjoy!

Hey Phantom,

Are you around Amarillo?

I was actually tellin my new lady a bit about ya the other day. It was mostly good - LOL!!!

Hope to shoot with ya out there someday........

HH

Howdy Texas Pards,

HH

Big Texan Steak Ranch is on the EAST side of Amarillo, not the west side. Yes, it is along I-40, Lakeside Exit. The Canadian River Regulators is the closest SASS club to Amarillo. We shoot at the Bar H Dude Ranch near Clarendon. Clarondon is located about 50 miles SE on US 287. CCR shoot the 2nd, 3rd and 5th Saturdays. Other "nearby" clubs include Gruesome Gulch Gang, which shoots the 3rd Saturday about 70 miles south of Amarillo between Kress and Plainview. Pampa shoots the 4th Saturday. Pampa is located NE of Amarillo on US 60. Lone Dog can provide info on the Pampa match. Founders Ranch is only 250 miles west and Oklahoma City is only 250 miles east.

Welcome to the Staked Plains. Hope to see you in June. PM me for more info, etc. Are you in the market for a home, or have you already got something? I can help with information about neighborhoods, schools and such.

Steeldust Dan

CRR 1

SASS Life 2631

Howdy Texas Pards,

HH

Two clubs near Amarillo area.

1 in Plainview.

1 in Levelland.

Ours is just outside Lubbock.

Will send contacts later.

Do not know about North of Amarillo.

As Phantom said Welcome to TEXAS

BTW, we're known as the Lone Star State, not the Longhorn State. However the UT mascot is the Long Horn. Hook Em Horns!! Welcome to Texas!! Also clubs in Abilene, Midland, Post, & San Angelo.

1 in Plainview.

1 in Levelland.

Huh? Pampa and Clarendon shoots are MUCH closer to Amarillo than Plainview and Levelland. Pampa shoots the 4th Saturday at 10 AM. It is not a SASS match. We only have 2 rules: have fun and don't shoot nobody. You will need sights on yer guns to have any success at Pampa.

As far as concealed carry you should be all right for a while after you get to Texas. BUT due to the flap over Utah letting about anyone have a license there is a bill before Texas legislature that will make it unlawful for a Texas resident to Carry on an out of state Liscense. This Bill will probably pass as I think it should. The "Law" will probably go into effect as of September 2011. You May end up between a rock and a hard place though.

GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY. (a) A person is eligible for a license to

carry a concealed handgun if the person:

(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding

the date of application under this subchapter

You might slip through the cracks and be ineligable to carry on an out of state license as a resident and not quallified yet to apply as a Texas resident.

This is all pending legislation so it all supposition at this time.

Just Remember to be a real Texas it don't matter where you were born if you just got here as soon as you could.

Heck we're even begining to Claim Phantom as a Real Texan...........

HH,

Glad to see your still alive and kickin.

Hope you get a good one this time.

Let me know when your settled down there, I'd like

to come and visit, We could tell lies about how good

we used to be.

Your partner

General Delivery

Texas Lizard

You don't need to sell nothing to move to Texas. Bring everything you have - no local laws on permits/regristering/or any communist BS like that. Lots of clubs in Texas, you'll have a great time here.

And always remember, 'You can always tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much!'

HH,

Glad to see your still alive and kickin.

Hope you get a good one this time.

Let me know when your settled down there, I'd like

to come and visit, We could tell lies about how good

we used to be.

Your partner

General Delivery

Well Howdy Steve,

I haven't seen you since 5 Dogs '09 I believe.

Yup, she's a keeper this time, only I gotta' move to Texas to keep 'er - LOL. That's ok, kinda' tired of Las Vegas anyhow.

You still in the San Luis Obispo area?

I'll letcha' know when I'm settled in and find a good Cowboy Club there.

Take care my ole' Pard....

HH

As far as concealed carry you should be all right for a while after you get to Texas. BUT due to the flap over Utah letting about anyone have a license there is a bill before Texas legislature that will make it unlawful for a Texas resident to Carry on an out of state Liscense. This Bill will probably pass as I think it should. The "Law" will probably go into effect as of September 2011. You May end up between a rock and a hard place though.

GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY. (a) A person is eligible for a license to

carry a concealed handgun if the person:

(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding

the date of application under this subchapter

You might slip through the cracks and be ineligable to carry on an out of state license as a resident and not quallified yet to apply as a Texas resident.

This is all pending legislation so it all supposition at this time.

Just Remember to be a real Texas it don't matter where you were born if you just got here as soon as you could.

Heck we're even begining to Claim Phantom as a Real Texan...........

I have a NEVADA CCW, not Utah. It's very strict here like Texas. Think I'll be ok for awhile?

Thanks fer yer reply Doc...

HH

OOPS - I JEST RE-READ YER POST - ANY STATE'S CCW HUH? KINDA' SUCKS FER ME I GUESS!!!

BTW, we're known as the Lone Star State, not the Longhorn State. However the UT mascot is the Long Horn. Hook Em Horns!! Welcome to Texas!! Also clubs in Abilene, Midland, Post, & San Angelo.

My BAD, Colonel. I knew that. Damn vodka typed it wrong - LOL. I corrected it - thanks!

Thanks fer yer reply.........

HH

Hey Phantom,

Are you around Amarillo?

I was actually tellin my new lady a bit about ya the other day. It was mostly good - LOL!!!

Hope to shoot with ya out there someday........

HH

Heyya Hoss!

I'm down near Austin. I get up to Abilene a couple of times a year...Also Clebourne. Ya can't be afraid of driven in Texas...just too much to see!!!!!!

You'll love it here. Great State and great people!

We'll definitely run into each other sooner or later. Try and get into the Regional Comin'at'cha. You'll have THE time of your life!!!!

Phantom

Heyya Hoss!

I'm down near Austin. I get up to Abilene a couple of times a year...Also Clebourne. Ya can't be afraid of driven in Texas...just too much to see!!!!!!

You'll love it here. Great State and great people!

We'll definitely run into each other sooner or later. Try and get into the Regional Comin'at'cha. You'll have THE time of your life!!!!

Phantom

Thanks Pard

HH :FlagAm:

Longhunter moved his operation to Amarillo. Stop in an talk to them on a slow day. You might be able to carpool with them to matches. (Gas is ~$3 a gallon - even in Texas). We sometimes see Longhunter at Founders Ranch for local matches. You'd be welcome too.

There are better places to eat in Amarillo than the establishment on the east side of town featured in Pig Out documentaries on cable channels.

1 in Plainview.

1 in Levelland.

Man, CL!!,

Just seeing your location as Post, Texas sure brought back a lot of great memories of living in Lubbock many years ago. In fact, when the family was moving there from Dallas, it was at night, and we were looking for a break stop to get something to drink/eat for the kids, and kept saying, "when we get to Post (we saw it on the map), we'll stop somewhere'. We drove right through Post and never even knew there was a town there! Of course, that was forty years ago; I'm sure it's changed a LOT by now (or, as a Texan might say, "Shore I know it's changed by now). We haven't been back since '72. Would really love to see Lubbock, Post, Snyder, Muleshoe, etc..

Ornery Cuss

Archived