SASS Wire Forum

I"m getting my eyes fixed !

Throckmorton,23149

Went in to see abouit Lasik,found out cataracts are the real bugaboo,so.....

got scheduled for 2 operations,2 weeks apart,to insert new lenses.

the good..I'll see better ! the new style lenses cure lots of problems I found out. :)

the bad.. gonna take a month total.

the good...Medicare foots the bill.

the bad...gonna take a month total.

what with having the implants,then getting fitted for new lighter specs,it'll just take some time to get' er done is all.

Had one implant done last week,can already see my toes in the morning without glasses.:)

note: tis not for the faint of heart to be awake during this,nosireeeeeeeeeeee. I did it,but it was NERVE WRACKING. hopefully the second one won't have me in high panic mode.

see ya at the range in a few weeks,oregon/washingotn Pards. !

That sounds like great news!!!!!!!!!!! Now you can see them targets :)

Went in to see abouit Lasik,found out cataracts are the real bugaboo,so.....

got scheduled for 2 operations,2 weeks apart,to insert new lenses.

the good..I'll see better ! the new style lenses cure lots of problems I found out. :)

the bad.. gonna take a month total.

the good...Medicare foots the bill.

the bad...gonna take a month total.

what with having the implants,then getting fitted for new lighter specs,it'll just take some time to get' er done is all.

Had one implant done last week,can already see my toes in the morning without glasses.:)

note: tis not for the faint of heart to be awake during this,nosireeeeeeeeeeee. I did it,but it was NERVE WRACKING. hopefully the second one won't have me in high panic mode.

see ya at the range in a few weeks,oregon/washingotn Pards. !

As you have found out, it's great to be able to see again. Went the same way you are, implants in both sides, with a retinal detachment thrown in for good measure. Amazing what can be repaired these days. Yours. Nota John

Guest Copper Mart

Had mine done last summer. Best thing I ever did. No problems at all and I can count the needles on a pine tree 150 feet away. (Shoot better, too.) Did I mention that the flowers now have brilliant colors?

4 weeks???? great....I'll have time ta come up with some new excuses..er...*kaff*..practice up to whip ya proper next time you get down ta Saddle Butte.....

Overheard a gal at work talking about it with the boss's wife the other day, sounds like while nerve wracking, it's generally not a big deal.

I have Congenital nystagmus and was once told by an eye surgeon that I was quite possibly the worst candidate for any sort of laser surgery he'd ever seen. Not sure what that's going to mean if I ever develop cataracts. I keep hoping they'll come up with some surgery that will correct it, as I've been borderline for a drivers license all my life, and one of these days they're gonna shoot me down. But they say if they could get my eyes to stop moving, and get both eyes to work together, that I'd see much better. Oh well, at least I can honestly say I am a one eyed fat man, even though I have two working eyes, they only work one at a time.

Wow, I do ramble on. Enjoy your new eyes.

Grizz

Pard,

My grey haired momma had this sort of operation and she is thrilled with the results.

She said that she might even consider driving again?????no pleze no..

Operatin roomz are scary places but if you git just a little lucky

you are going to SEE the world again.

Remember to ask your doc about protecting your eyes from smoke and dust.

Best of luck to ya, pard.

CR

Archived