SASS Wire Forum

Faith and Firearms........

Johnny The Kid , SASS 22917

I attend a Bible Study at my Church every week...a group we call ourselves IRON MEN. We have been doing some extra activities to "bond" with some of the youth of the Church and teach them how a Godly man should live.

Tomorrow I, along with my good friend WEEWAHOOTTEE and GUN DAWG are presenting a program at the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Range called FAITH and FIREARMS.. After some spiritual discussion about how God intends us to use all resources( including firearms if necessary) to protect ourselves and our families, and our God given right to the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, and after a proper talk by Weewahoottee as to the safe handling of firearms, we will give the folks a chance to actually shoot some firearms (some .22 rifles, pistols....and maybe a shotgun or two....)....and then be entertained with some real Cowboy Action Shooting....with Gun Dawg as the Star Shooter. Looks like we will have quite a turnout for the event....talked to a lady in the church who told me "she was afraid of guns and wanted to come out and see what this was all about." We'll slap a Henry Golden Boy .22 on her and let her blast away. All very supervised, of course.

Pray that we have a great event.

Johnny The Kid

I attend a Bible Study at my Church every week...a group we call ourselves IRON MEN. We have been doing some extra activities to "bond" with some of the youth of the Church and teach them how a Godly man should live.

Tomorrow I, along with my good friend WEEWAHOOTTEE and GUN DAWG are presenting a program at the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Range called FAITH and FIREARMS.. After some spiritual discussion about how God intends us to use all resources( including firearms if necessary) to protect ourselves and our families, and our God given right to the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, and after a proper talk by Weewahoottee as to the safe handling of firearms, we will give the folks a chance to actually shoot some firearms (some .22 rifles, pistols....and maybe a shotgun or two....)....and then be entertained with some real Cowboy Action Shooting....with Gun Dawg as the Star Shooter. Looks like we will have quite a turnout for the event....talked to a lady in the church who told me "she was afraid of guns and wanted to come out and see what this was all about." We'll slap a Henry Golden Boy .22 on her and let her blast away. All very supervised, of course.

Pray that we have a great event.

Johnny The Kid

IRON MEN,

I think that is the BEST thing I have heard in a very LONG time.:blush:

I am sitting here amazed, reading this for the second time.

My hat is off to you, Weewahootee and Gun Dawg.

I'll be saying a special prayer for you and your group tomorrow.

We'll miss you at Eustis but you're doing really good work there.

GREAT JOB!

Waimea

:FlagAm:

That is a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think church youth groups, boy scouts, etc would love the chance do do this. I hope yall have a safe day.

Thanks for the good words folks.....Just got back from the event, and it was outstanding. We had 40 something people show up.....half of them under 18 yrs of age.....Weewahootee put on a good show and instructed them well. Gun Dawg blazed through the Cowboy stage to the roar of the crowd. And they all shot some .22s...as much as ther wanted to...with supervision....even pulled out the Coach Gun and the ladies loved that big boom.

All in all....a really good event and some people went away from there with a better understanding of firearms use and safety....especially the lady who had never touched a gun....she shot through 3 times. Hooked for life.

Johnny The Kid

Faith and Firearms go hand in hand ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, We get in a jam ,,,, Hand me a firearm !!!

Bullets have saved many a man ....

GOD BLESS

Jabez Cowboy

Above all, teach Safety, it's a must.My G.Son is recovering from a gunshot wound to the head.

No fault of his own, just has to pick better frins.

Sounds like y'all had a fun safe shoot,best wishes.

MS

He mentioned that in his first post.

"and after a proper talk by Weewahoottee as to the safe handling of firearms...."

BTW: Saw your update in the Saloon....Glad to hear your grandson is feeling better.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

He mentioned that in his first post.

"and after a proper talk by Weewahoottee as to the safe handling of firearms...."

BTW: Saw your update in the Saloon....Glad to hear your grandson is feeling better.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Just expounding and contrasting, never enough werds on gun safety. :)

Thank you Gunner for yer prayers, it really helped Joe in his recovery. Rehabb time. ;)

Thanks Pards...

JABEZ....See my second post above as to the success of the day. Was really a great experience and was well received by all 47 folks who attended. Most of them had never even touched a firearm.

If anyone else wants to try this at their Church etc, drop me a PM and I'll fill you in on some of our details.

Johnny

Good on you. Keep introducing new people to shooting and we won't be having such an up-hill battle to preserve our livilihood.

Well, okay. I'm not a believer myself, but somebody has just gotta say it.....

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!!!

Best wishes, JtK

It is not too late.

Archived