SASS Wire Forum

WTB Faux Ivory grips for New Model Vaquero

Wild Willi

I need two pair of Faux Ivory Grips for the New Model Vaquero

I've got 2 pair of Klamath River American Holly grips that look like slightly aged ivory grips. They are blind sided so the screw doesn't show on one side. These grips have a similar grain to ivory. They are profiled to be like the original new vaquero grips size wise. You can check out the grips on Klamath River's website to see if these might interest you. I bought these for about $240 plus shipping last summer. I did drop one and dinged one of the panels slightly. I've been intending to sand it, but haven't got around to it yet. I can email pics if you are interested. I've gone back to some pretty elk grips and will let the pair go for $125 as is. These really do look a lot better than the "plastic" ivory grips and are certainly priced right.

good luck on your search,

Delta Desperado

WW

go to Boone Traders (boonetrading.com) they have really nice heavy (feel like real ivory) grips (and real deal if yer interested) and their prices start at about $40

curley

Howdy:

I, too, just got three pair of Faux Ivory grips from Altamont and am quite satisfied with them. It is worth a look anyway.

STL Suomi

If you go to the Ruger store on their website they sell faux ivory grips with the Ruger logo on them. They're pretty inexpensive, fit well, and I like the logo.

http://shopruger.com/New-Vaquero-Joe-Bowman-Simulated-Ivory-Grips/productinfo/19965/

Archived