SASS Wire Forum

National Anthems

Utah Bob #35998

The discussions we had after the Stooper Bowl led me to think some on the subject of Anthems de Nacional. For your listening enjoyment here are a few from around the globe. Some you'll know, some you won't. :lol: Presented in no particular order, rhyme or reason.

From a musical standpoint only, national pride and politics totally aside, you may vote on your favorite HERE!

Germany

Russia

France

United Kingdom

Israel

Australia

Isle of Man (for you Manx cat owners) ;)

Canada

Japan

Swaziland

China, Commie

China, Non-Commie

United Federation of Planets

are ya snowed in Bob? :rolleyes:

No. I am retired. :lol:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

For me it is pretty much a toss up between Canada and Russia. With a one 3rd OT goal to our neighbors to the North.

For cryin' out loud... SDJ. Looks like I'ma gonna have to pay yore church a visit.

After all this time... you shoulda made full deacon by now...

ts

For cryin' out loud... SDJ. Looks like I'ma gonna have to pay yore church a visit.

ts

Perhaps he is a Deacon on the USS LaJolla.

That would explain it.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Perhaps he is a Deacon on the USS LaJolla.

That would explain it.

Now that you mention it... his avatar sorta does favor a Minnow-nite.

(I know... I know... that is some silly-sick humor! Just givin' big ol' Sub a hard time.)

ts

Nice...but I am partial to only one! - OURS!! :FlagAm:

Of course...this 'beer' song is a good un.

http://www.einprosit.us/2009%20Alphorn%20Retreat.jpg

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Of course the S&S is the best anthem. It would have skewed the scientific poll to a spectacular degree so it was not included.

However this is about melody only!

Now, imho La Marseillaise is the most versatile. It can be done slowly a la the Olympics or with a faster beat as a march.

It is also one of the most famous thanks to Bogey!

Take that ya Nazis! :lol:

Gatlin's right. Our old, born in blood and fire, hard to sing, patriotic to the core, take no prisoners anthem is still the best.

Well put sir!! :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

ts

Nah, can't. For one, I'm divorced. And for two, I'm married to a woman who was divorced.

Funny thing is, since the divorces (mine and my current wife's) and our marriage all took place before we became Orthodox, some jurisdictions look at it as if they never happened and our joining the Orthodox Church sanctified our marriage. The jurisdiction we are in doesn't.

Besides, I can't sing a lick, so it would be painful for whatever congregation I was assigned to to have me serve.

You must admit that, nationalism aside, musically our anthem with it's purloined To Anacreon in Heaven drinking song melody is a difficult thing to handle.

Nah, can't. For one, I'm divorced. And for two, I'm married to a woman who was divorced.

Funny thing is, since the divorces (mine and my current wife's) and our marriage all took place before we became Orthodox, some jurisdictions look at it as if they never happened and our joining the Orthodox Church sanctified our marriage. The jurisdiction we are in doesn't.

Besides, I can't sing a lick, so it would be painful for whatever congregation I was assigned to to have me serve.

Dunt want to rush things here SD, but later yer gonna be a Full Deacon wid a singing voice like the 1000 all Male Temple Singers. :)

Of course the S&S is the best anthem. It would have skewed the scientific poll to a spectacular degree so it was not included.

However this is about melody only!

Now, imho La Marseillaise is the most versatile. It can be done slowly a la the Olympics or with a faster beat as a march.

It is also one of the most famous thanks to Bogey!

Take that ya Nazis! :lol:

I agree, the Marseillaise. And who could forget that stirring rendition, following Bogey's nod of approval.

So, what was the anthem of Borbon Espana?

Buena suerte,

eGG

I agree, the Marseillaise. And who could forget that stirring rendition, following Bogey's nod of approval.

So, what was the anthem of Borbon Espana?

Buena suerte,

eGG

Vida, Amor, y pesetas, y tiempo para gastarlos!

Oh, wait....

That's a toast...

Remember that scene in Red Dawn when the Russkis were playing their national anthem on the record player and the Wolverines lit em up?

I liked that. :lol::FlagAm:

Archived