SASS Wire Forum

New 38Spl SA revolver - SASS legal?

Tucson Jim

Pretty standard...'cept for one obvious thing:

http://rexdarteskimospy.blogspot.com/2008/03/24-shot-revolver.html

It's a one-off custom with a 24 round cylinder :).

Hey, you could shoot a whole match with that, right? Save money on that pesky rifle, shotgun, second wheelgun...

:D

I'd hate to be the guy tasked with making a holster for it...

Pretty standard...'cept for one obvious thing:

http://rexdarteskimospy.blogspot.com/2008/03/24-shot-revolver.html

It's a one-off custom with a 24 round cylinder :).

Hey, you could shoot a whole match with that, right? Save money on that pesky rifle, shotgun, second wheelgun...

:D

I'd hate to be the guy tasked with making a holster for it...

I wonder if these are the same ones we see used in the movies? :D You know the ones I mean. The ones you can shoot and shoot and shoot and..... without ever having to reload them. Must be.

Single Action Six

REVOLVER CYLINDERS

• Centerfire and rimfire cylinders may have no less than five and no more than six chambers.

Shooters' Handbook, page 12.

:lol:

amidoinitrite?

Of course, since you could only load 5 rounds for CAS, you'd better not let the hammer slip and skip a chamber. Think of how many times you'd have to cock the gun to get back to that chamber :lol:

Costner used two different pistols in the gunfight. The scene showing the exchange of guns was left on the cutting room floor. Costner spoke about how furious he was when he saw the final film and realized the mistake.

As far as the 24 shot revolver goes, I'd like to shoot it with BP rounds but it might get too hot to hold. :) :)

Looking at the second one, the 20 shot revolver in .25 caliber, it's probably not .25 ACP as they say, but some sort of .25 cal rimmed round, so the ejector could be used.

Both of these are way cool!

Buena suerte,

eGG

Archived