SASS Wire Forum

Good news, (back from the doc)

Adirondack Jack, SASS #53440

Back from the cardiologist, who having gotten to the end of his "rule out" checklist, and having run a cable into my arteries and found mostly blood, determined that after a sufficient injection of "how short this life is" thinking, and the requisite reduction in anxiety over any potential options for use of available discretionary funds, and the concordant wallet alignment, I'm gonna be fine.

"Sometimes a weird ekg is just normal for that person, and finding no immediate cause for concern in the catheterization, we're gonna guess that you're one of them". My total cholesterol is 160, not great, but liveable, though my HDL is low. Fish Oil capsules and the elimination of nicotine, as well as some daily exercize even in winter ought to fix that.

Just thought I'd share this with all of you who were concerned over the recent scare. Thanks again for the kind words.

Jack That's Great news. What after having been overdosed on Nitro and surviving that a abnormal/ normal EKG is good news. Cut out the cigars and Sloowly switch to decaf,fish oil natural or otherwise and you should be good for hopefully many more years to come. Fandamtastic Sgt. Jake

That's great, Jack. Had about the same deal with mine. Mine was a vessel or whatever that's deeper in the muscle than normal, and when doing the pics after the stress test, appeared like a blockage. My cholesterol is just sorta okay too, same deal as you, low good numbers. Seems like we're both gonna have to start poppin' fish oil..........Buck :blush:

Good for you AJ!! Now just cut the BS and do what ya have to do. Life is too short pard.

Tom, you ain't just a kidding life is short. I was tellin Sgt Jake the other day, I'm not afraid of dying, but I do have a 17 yr old who with any luck, will be going to Med School and getting his MD in about 10 years. I'd really like to see that happen, and to know he was safely on his way......

Glad things are OK. I can't afford to get sick(or worse), my kids are only 7 and 9, and I'm 55 in April. Last year I had a funny pain in my chest. Went to the Doc, couldn't find anything, but sent me to the cardiologist for a treadmill stress test. That went fine, so they said don't worry 'bout it. Started running again anyway, the weight loss and exercise won't hurt me any! Figure better to head anything off now before something is really wrong.

Adirondak Jack,

Good news to hear.

Add caffine and alcohol or any stimulant to your list of NO-NO's. Those will give you irregular heart beats. Just Google 'em and read till you weap.

I know, I know what's left to enjoy. You'll be surprised that wanting to see your grandkids graduate from any school will be plenty.

I was told by my doctor to get my "affairs in order" two years ago. I sold all my SASS guns and made ready.

No alcohol, caffine, nicotine or chocolate since then and here I am. I did buy a bicycle though. Easier on my old knees.

Just bought new SASS guns and am going to invest in some wild bunch guns.

Wish you good luck on your journey, Castalia

Just saw my cardiologist the other day too Jack. LDL at 129, HDL at 61. Not great, but improving. Should at least be around long enough for the rest of the season.

Damn, I miss having gravy & chicken fried steak & eggs & biscuits for breakfast.

Glad you're doing better.

"Sometimes a weird ekg is just normal for that person, and finding no immediate cause for concern in the catheterization, we're gonna guess that you're one of them".

The technical term I got was "funny". Glad you're OK!

Welcome to the world of low fat, low salt, no taste.

Olen

Howdy, Pards,

"Sometimes a weird ekg is just normal for that person..."

When I was still in my 20's, I had a treadmill EKG done just for baseline data (in case something does go haywire later, the docs will know there is something wrong, and how bad. I have a slight abnormality on the S-T trace. Cardiologist said about 20 percent of the population has something similar. But when I've had pre-op EKG's in the past, at other facilities, they've gone ballistic and I've had to have my regular internest send them copies of my baseline to compare. I finally got my doc to make me a copy of my strip, which I carry in my wallet.

ADJ, might not be a bad idea to do the same. Talk with your cardiologist.

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America!

Your Pard,

Glad to hear AJ.

Hope to shoot with ya this year at GOA, now that medical science has proven that yer up to the GOA hill!

--Dawg

Glad to hear AJ.

Hope to shoot with ya this year at GOA, now that medical science has proven that yer up to the GOA hill!

--Dawg

Dawg I don't know about Jack but that hill done kicked my butt,of course 95 degrees and 95% humidity didn't help either. See ya down the trail somewhere Sgt. Jake

Good to hear your doing well, AJ.

I thought your Good News would be that you found a couple Marlins in mint condition and real cheap. Plus, you were gona send me one for my BDay.

Oh well, maybe next year.

..........Widder

Jack, I am in the same boat. ALthough my LDLs are 80 My HDL's are bit on the low side-right at 40.

Be careful of the Fish oil you get-the jury is still out on molecular distillation. But Nordic Naturals seem to have a great reputation. Are you on any statin drugs-for cholesterol?

How is your BP? Some Current BP meds also assist your HDL's

Glad to hear the good news. I got 2 stints about 10 years ago. My Doc said if your garbage disposal plugs up at home and you feed it more of the same it will plug up again. I liked his theory and made some changes.

Life comes in two halfs, the first living to eat and the second eating to live.

McKenzie

Archived