SASS Wire Forum

Dry lube

Stump Water

I've used Hornady One Shot as a case lube for years. Can some of the resident chemical engineers tell me why I shouldn't use DuPont Teflon Dry, Wax Lubricant instead?

Hornady One Shot

DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Dry, Wax Lubricant

I used it for a year or two. I now use the Frankford Arsenal. Aside from the uncontrollable twitching and slurred speech I developed, the Dupont works fine.

I can't give a chemical analysis of it, but for case lube its ok on small cases(38, 45 ACP, 44 Russian). Larger cases with a lot of surface area, there are better products out there.

Hornady lube is tested to be compatible with powder and primers, and not to kill a primer or leave residue behind that affects the pressure or function of the fired round.

DuPont's product is not tested for that purpose, and contains about 2 to 3 times as much non-volatile wax product.

I find I use so little of the One-shot lube, that I don't mind if the can costs $6 or $7 bucks - only buy one or two a year.

Good luck, GJ (Metallurgical engineer, so I guess I missed your specification by only a little :lol:)

Because YOU like one shot lube! You've used it for years and really like it! Its never given ya any trouble, never back talked ye or anything! I can see no need for a new lube in your life at this point!

RRR

PS iffen ya wanna know if ye need a new FORD truck, well we can crack a bottle and have a long talk! :D

RRR

PS iffen ya wanna know if ye need a new FORD truck, well we can crack a bottle and have a long talk! :D

Why would anybody EVER want a new Ford truck??? :D

Dan, seek ventilation, soon.

Joe, the pocket protector had me fooled. I would have never known the difference.

Ray, you know where I live. Show up with said bottle... nevermind, I have one. Come on.

Tom, he only knows how to start stuff.

Louie, rhetorical question. No one would.

While the bottle's open the rest of ya come on too.

BTW... watched Young Guns II again last night. It'd been a while. Those movies are entertainin', I don't care who ya are.

And they finally killed off Jack Bauer.

Archived