SASS Wire Forum

Curio and Relic License

Yes. Easy to get and they come in handy when you see an old gun that you just MUST have.

There is only one problem with a C&R FFL. It will get quite expensive as you can buy all kinds of guns and have them shipped to your home. The $30.00 for the license will soon expand to $$$$$$ for the guns you get. :lol: I have one and it is great to have!

Great for discounts at Midway etc. Downside is that there is no way to verify the validity of CR licenses so you may run into dealers that will not honor them. For example, there is a gunshop in Plano, TX that will run a background even on an antique. Thats their policy, regardless of the law, and thats the way it is!

I let mine lapse recently as wife has a legit business license and we can use that for Midway,etc.

Far as guns, got one more coming from Shiloh. Not buying any more CR or modern so I don't need it! :ph34r:

The discount at Midway and Brownells will pay for the licence fee in no time. I would guess that I have saved over $1,000 at Midway over the years with my C&R discount. The discount is based on their mark-up on a perticular item and seems to be manufacturer dependent. Sometimes it's nothing, sometimes it's a lot.

Unfortunately, the surplus market is drying up. When I first got my licence, you could still buy Mausers and Enfields for around $100. Now, Mausers are pretty much gone and only Enfields with sewer pipe bores are still available. There are still plenty of Mosins to go around though and they have added some pretty neat handguns (CZ's and Tokarevs)to the C&R list in the past couple of years.

Archived