SASS Wire Forum

Marshal Red Stockburn?

Malo Mann

Anybody know Red that can PM me with a way to contact him? I haven't heard from Red since hearing that he received the cashier's check on the 4th & that he would ship the rifle on the 8th. I still haven't seen the gun so am getting a bit concerned. Cedar County Sheriff (my FFL person) said he sent him an e-mail last week asking if the gun got shipped & if so asking for a tracking number for it so we can make sure someone is there to receive it, but got no reply. I hope I haven't been stiffed, but its looking like I wasted my money. I sent another e-mail this AM, but have not heard back. Anyone with any info, please let me know what's up.

Thanks,

Malo Mann

Anybody know Red that can PM me with a way to contact him? I haven't heard from Red since hearing that he received the cashier's check on the 4th & that he would ship the rifle on the 8th. I still haven't seen the gun so am getting a bit concerned. Cedar County Sheriff (my FFL person) said he sent him an e-mail last week asking if the gun got shipped & if so asking for a tracking number for it so we can make sure someone is there to receive it, but got no reply. I hope I haven't been stiffed, but its looking like I wasted my money. I sent another e-mail this AM, but have not heard back. Anyone with any info, please let me know what's up.

Thanks,

Malo Mann

UPDATE:

As of this morning, still nothing from Marshal Red Stockburn received by me. How 'bout it Red, ya out there? Are ya ailin'?

Sumbuddy let us know.

:FlagAm:

It takes a week or more for the postal service to deliver from this area of the country to yours. A person intending to stiff you wouldn't bother to let you know they recieved payment. Also, the best two words for the USPS tracking system is IT SUCKS. I've worried about items coming from far away places without it ever showing in their tracking system until it arrived....which is a little late.

I just talked to Red and he is on his way to the post office to find out what is going on. If you don't hear from him later today, call him.

It takes a week or more for the postal service to deliver from this area of the country to yours. A person intending to stiff you wouldn't bother to let you know they recieved payment. Also, the best two words for the USPS tracking system is IT SUCKS. I've worried about items coming from far away places without it ever showing in their tracking system until it arrived....which is a little late.

I just talked to Red and he is on his way to the post office to find out what is going on. If you don't hear from him later today, call him.

Thanx Buck,

I've had my problems with USPS as well. We'd love ta call Red, but don't have a number for him. here and email are the only way we have to contact him, and as Malo Mann said, Red sorta dropped out fer th' last week or so. That's why I asked if mebbe he wuz ailin'.

If you don't hear from him later today, call him.

Hell of a concept, except I don't have a number. Would love to have talked to him first, but couldn't. Only had e-mail & snail mail addresses for contact & since he didn't reply to e-mails & with no package, got worried. I'm glad to hear from everyone (including Red) & am certain that this will be resolved shortly.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Malo Mann

Hell of a concept, except I don't have a number. Would love to have talked to him first, but couldn't. Only had e-mail & snail mail addresses for contact & since he didn't reply to e-mails & with no package, got worried. I'm glad to hear from everyone (including Red) & am certain that this will be resolved shortly.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Malo Mann

Malo Mann an' th' Fire,

Marshal Red called me at lunchtime today, and said he's on it, checking with the USPS. He said his home 'puter is on th' fritz and only gets computer time at work on a limited basis (I can relate, I'm in th' same boat since last Friday!)

He values his rep, as do most of us here on th' Wire, and sez he'd never gull a SASS brother! I tend to believe him, most of th' folks I've met in my 16+ years in SASS, I'd trust with 'bout anything I had!

I've shot with Red for 6 years and he is a stand up pard. I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of what's going on.

If you scroll down this link you'll see his picture.

http://wartracecowboys.blogspot.com/2008/08/wartrace-regulators-member-directory.html

Randy

Im with Randy. Ive known Red for several years. I would be very suprised if you were to come out of this unhappy. He's a straight shooter on and off the range.

Imis

Marshal Red Stockburn is a GREAT guy! A top-notch cowboy, easy on the eyes as well as an awesome singer!

Hey Sugah,

Never heard him sing, but he does yell pretty good! Red is a good man, the kind your proud, and blessed, to call a friend.

Woodrow

Archived