SASS Wire Forum

Canadian meds ?

Carlos Murphy # 873

I had a little "hart-fart" and a stent installed :angry: last month and now I got new meds to deal with.

Six meds a month totaling $261.98, that's $3143.76 per year, the Plavix alone is $198.54 or $2382.48 a year. :angry: (I can't get Medicare parts C&D till Nov)

I keep getting emails from Canadian pharmacies with great offers, I can save ALLOT of money on Plavix and the pic in the ad shows the real thing.

Anybody have any experience or knowledge concerning this topic?

Thanks.

Carlos Murphy

The internet is littered with so called "Canadian online pharmacies" offering cheap drugs to modern Americans. However many of these are unlicensed and may be unsafe. The advice is to always ensure that you check the license.

Many of these unlicensed pharmacies will send out junk emails to get your attention offering cheap drugs for common problems including erectile dysfunction, acne and weight loss pills, but in actual fact many of these drugs could contain dangerous concoctions of non-approved ingredients which may end up causing more harm than good. Much of the communication received by these illegitimate drug suppliers commonly show logos of third parties whom they claim have verified them, however these are simply made up in order to make their services and company appear safer and more real than they actually are. These fake logos are quite often forgeries of real verification and accreditation associations, so it is imperative to ensure that you check the Canadian pharmacy's license before buying drugs online.

Another trick that many of these phoney online Canadian pharmacies use is to include a Canada pharmacy coupon offering you discounts, but the truth is as you're not paying for the real, approved drugs in the first place the savings are irrelevant and you could be putting yourself in danger by taking drugs issued by a pharmacy without a license.

The trusted verifier of Canadian online drug suppliers is the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, and you can easily check any online Canadian pharmacy's license status on their website.

Reputable Canadian pharmacies do exist, but be cautious. I've had patients who used Big Mountain and Canada Generic without any apparent problems. Living in WA, many of my patients just carpooled up to Canada for their meds. Remember, it is potentially your life you are talking about.

I had a little "hart-fart" and a stent installed :angry: last month and now I got new meds to deal with.

Six meds a month totaling $261.98, that's $3143.76 per year, the Plavix alone is $198.54 or $2382.48 a year. :angry: (I can't get Medicare parts C&D till Nov)

I keep getting emails from Canadian pharmacies with great offers, I can save ALLOT of money on Plavix and the pic in the ad shows the real thing.

Thanks.

Carlos Murphy

Americans crossing into Canada for cheaper perscription drugs is quite common. There are even special seniors bus trips that come up mainly for that purpose.

My wife checked into this real well before using it. She can get a 90 day prescription for the same cost as a 30 day here in the U.S. She uses a Visa Card through the School Credit Union and has to verify before making purchase. It's been 2 years and all is well so far.

Big Jake

Thanks.

Carlos Murphy

The good guys will tell you where the meds come from. Many are from US Companys and were subjected to all the quality controls. We get some of my moms meds from Canada

I got my stent over 4 years ago. Been on plavix ever since and 3 other meds. Good news is wife retired from army. TRI Care Prime lets us gets meds free from Luke AFB Pharmacy hope Obamanation Care does not screw that up. Also end of Jan this year VA service Connected the Heart to Agent orange, I could get free meds from VA.

Archived