SASS Wire Forum

Hawaii 5-0 - Hidden Anti-Gun Message?

No coincidence. None whatsoever.

And if you'll carefully listen to Dillon in Gunsmoke there are antigun messages embedded in many episodes. It and other series blatantly advanced the concept that federal control was superior to all local and state officials. And it continues!

It would be a boring show and nobody would watch if it was pow-pow-pow-pow-pow-reload-pow-pow-pow-pow-pow-reload-pow-pow-pow-pow-pow-reload-pow-pow-pow-pow-pow-reload-pow-pow-pow-pow-pow-reload, anf the film editors would have a bear of a time making sure there were only five shots between reloads.

The old show was notoriously anti-gun, especially Jack Lord. But so were many old west sheriffs. I imagine if you protested a town gun ban you woulda got a whack on the head and some time in the tank...

It's entertainment...nothing different than many (and I mean MANY) other programs spurned from Hollywood. Take it with a grain of salt.

WE are the boots that need to continue to properly educate folks through example...can't ever rely on governement or media (generally) to promote the proper means on the subject.

Though the media and actors, like Stallone, Damon, and countless othersn love to make money off it :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It's entertainment...nothing different than many (and I mean MANY) other programs spurned from Hollywood. Take it with a grain of salt.

WE are the boots that need to continue to properly educate folks through example...can't ever rely on governement or media (generally) to promote the proper means on the subject.

Though the media and actors, like Stallone, Damon, and countless othersn love to make money off it :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Yeah, but they know what's best fer us Gunner..... :wacko:

Ya just cain't carry a gun in town,i mean city,i mean town,is there a difference? HMMMMM? I know if your a city it's easier to get Fed money..

How can a show with a vampire seal leader, a guy with anger management problems, a biker and a surfing young lady be all bad.

shenny

Gun advocates need to quit looking for the boogeyman behind every corner IMHO. What have criminals done throughtout history? How did Bonnie & Clyde survive so long? They outgunned the cops. I think a criminal would look fondly at an AK with a BIG magazine. No conspiracy from my point of view. Sounds like a smart script writer. YMMV.

Most prime time shows that I watch I try to avoid seeing any kind of message.

It is all entertainment. Remember hollyweird has two faced people running, directing, producing and acting.

Everybody has an agenda.

Mine is to enjoy tv.

I view it as entertainment .... no messages, no morals... no hidden agendas picked up.

I ignore all that bad stuff.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/AK47AssaultRifle.jpg

This is the AK 47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy,

and it makes a distinctive sound, when fired at you, so remember it.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

Hawaii 5-0! Yuke! The worse cop show on TV! I only watched it a few times and then couldn't take it anymore.

I really don't think they have any Police Officer Advisors and Consultants on that show. It's supposedly modeled after "The Untouchables" instead of the old Hawaii 5-0.

It's anti-gun and anti-citizens rights.

Example of the stupidity displayed in the show, then running through a hotel with guns drawn wearing vests with no sign of identification. To me, during that scene, they looked no different than the Bozos who robbed a bank and shot up LA years ago wearing bullet proof vests and packing ARs.

Can you tell I don't like it?

Now lets take "Justified".

I believe some of Raylan's higher ups and IA types in the Marshal's Service are anti-gun.

They would be happier if he didn't carry one. :lol: :lol:

Gun advocates need to quit looking for the boogeyman behind every corner IMHO. What have criminals done throughtout history? How did Bonnie & Clyde survive so long? They outgunned the cops. I think a criminal would look fondly at an AK with a BIG magazine. No conspiracy from my point of view. Sounds like a smart script writer. YMMV.

AMEN. There’s no question that there have been TV shows with agendas. There always will be. What I never understood is why people look so DEEPLY for the messages (whatever they might be) that might not even be there at all. And even if there were, so what? Do you really care what some TV writer or producer really feels about something?

Besides, if you used TV as a guide for American culture, you’d think that:

• 90% of all Americans live within an hour’s drive of New York City.

• The remaining 10% live in LA.

• 50-75% are Jewish.

• At least half are gay.

• All males have the IQ of an eggplant (even less, if they’re Caucasian) while most women or people from other cultures are rocket scientists.

Having been in other countries, it’s funny what people outside the US think our culture is, based on the TV shows they watch.

Gosh, the truth is I missed all those messages.. lol..

I have my beliefs, and while I can be reached and I do talk to people before I would ever act ... my core of beliefs is that we have a right to bear arms.

If you have ever been in a situation where a gun saved your live you never again question our right to bear arms. The police can not be every where unless you have an officer babysitting you in your home every night.

I was there once, I had the black eyes, the broken cheek bone, and yeah a tooth knocked out and one broken beyond repair. A gun saved me... the teeth stuff I hated the most I think, that hurt the longest. To this day I have a bit of a tendancy to back away from people when they are drinking.

While Leos will protect you and they did me, they can't be there always. So anit-gun messages mean nothing to me. I know we have to be pro active.

I grew up on Cowboys and guns.. and I never doubted their purpose. I simply drew too late, and didn't keep my eyes open. Lost of people make those mistakes.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

AMEN. There’s no question that there have been TV shows with agendas. There always will be. What I never understood is why people look so DEEPLY for the messages (whatever they might be) that might not even be there at all. And even if there were, so what? Do you really care what some TV writer or producer really feels about something?

Besides, if you used TV as a guide for American culture, you’d think that:

• 90% of all Americans live within an hour’s drive of New York City.

• 50-75% are Jewish.

• At least half are gay.

• All males have the IQ of an eggplant (even less, if they’re Caucasian) while most women or people from other cultures are rocket scientists.

Having been in other countries, it’s funny what people outside the US think our culture is, based on the TV shows they watch.

+1

I agree. There are a lot of people out there that think, for example, that all of California is either L.A. or San Francisco.

AMEN. There's no question that there have been TV shows with agendas. There always will be. What I never understood is why people look so DEEPLY for the messages (whatever they might be) that might not even be there at all. And even if there were, so what? Do you really care what some TV writer or producer really feels about something?

Besides, if you used TV as a guide for American culture, you'd think that:

• 90% of all Americans live within an hour's drive of New York City.
  • 50-75% are Jewish.
  • At least half are gay.
  • All males have the IQ of an eggplant (even less, if they're Caucasian) while most women or people from other cultures are rocket scientists.

Having been in other countries, it's funny what people outside the US think our culture is, based on the TV shows they watch.

There was also a year I thought a majority of people were Mormon

Archived