SASS Wire Forum

More Interesting Reading

Marauder SASS #13056

Here is the article, part 3. It has links to parts 1 & 2 as well.

http://www.policeone.com/pc_print.asp?vid=3164649

The author discusses his view on some common "myths".

Here is the article, part 3. It has links to parts 1 & 2 as well.

http://www.policeone.com/pc_print.asp?vid=3164649

The author discusses his view on some common "myths".

Some good points.

Thanks for the post - I hear fellas 'brand' themselves sometimes and think.....'sure, ok....whatever'. I never understand why these fellas need to promote their credibilty like this...unless they are selling a book :D

G ( who likes to shoot and can handle a gun properly (safely), but certainly isn't an 'expert') G ~ :FlagAm:

I like that he updated some of the "old saws" and appears to back it up with experience and research.

For example::

"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - should be

"Speed with accuracy is final... Sooner"

He also discusses how competition fits in and can be a significant help in improving their skills.

That fits what I've seen with many cops that began shooting cowboy and similar action sports.

I hope you also take time to read parts one and two in the series. I think Ron's brand is "professional shooter and trainer" and he excels at that. As one old shooter I know says,"It ain't braggin' if you can do it". He isn't the kind of guy I want to drink beer with but he knows this stuff.

Olen

Good artical.

Brings to mind when we did a Cops Vs Cowboys match.

The Cops used their equipment, we used ours.

The Cowboys out shot every Cops, except the ones who had been doing CAS. We all had a good time, it was an eye opener for some of the LEO's to see a guy run a SA and switch guns faster than they could shoot the course with a mag change.

Archived