SASS Wire Forum

Anybody know of a replica SA that realy functions worth a hoot?

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Pards:

This may sound kind of loco, but I am looking for a pair of SA revolvers that I can use for dry-fire CAS practice on my off-time (in a place I can't have my real Rugers--due to regulations).

Anyone know of a "functioning" (non-firing, non-chambering) SA six-shooter that would hold up to a LOT of dry-firing? I want to get in some Gunfighter practice while overseas. A whole year with an M-9 bottom-feeder and an M-4 carbine ain't really good practice for SASS.

Mustang Gregg

EMF and Bianchi were importing a non-firing Pietta GW II that was specifically designed and advertised for dry firing. Don't know if it is still available but it was a wee bit pricey. Maybe Buffalo Sam Pede will chime in and let us know if these can still be had.

I got some replica guns for gun spinning practice. They are made for display, but have "working" hammers, triggers, and ejector rods - the cylinder turns when you cock it but they are definitely of "toy" quality. I do use them for dry fire practice with no concerns over damage to my "real" guns. Picked them up from Dusty Johnson at Pleasant Valley Saddle Shop, about $65 each as I recall. Look for "Western Replica Guns" about 2/3rds of the way down this page:

http://pvsaddleshop.com/HOLLYWOOD%20HOLSTERS.htm

Hope this helps...please note that "worth a hoot" is a matter of opinion, so YMMV...I find them "good enough" for practice, for my liking anyway.

Hi-Yo and Awaaaaaayyy,

TMM

• 1 month later...

The GWII dry fire was discontined by EMF a couple years back. The folks at Bainchi did buy the remaining pieces from EMF but I couldn't say if they had any of them left or not. Hope that helps

Guest diablo slim shootist

how about a pair of Cimmaron Plinkertons ;)

have some one weld up the cylinders.and barrel

I found these guys in the latest issue of GOTOW.

Replica pistols.

Maybe you guys already mentioned them but here is a link to their pistols.

I found these guys in the latest issue of GOTOW.

Replica pistols.

Maybe you guys already mentioned them but here is a link to their pistols.

This is a good idea but unfortunately, they say:

"AVOID excessive dry-firing as this may cause breakage."

http://www.collectorsarmoury.com/ep5sf/replicaGunSafetyWarning.ep

This is a good idea but unfortunately, they say:

"AVOID excessive dry-firing as this may cause breakage."

http://www.collectorsarmoury.com/ep5sf/replicaGunSafetyWarning.ep

AAARGH, I didn't see that!

Sorry!

Good Catch Wild Nick!

How about buying a set of cheap brass frame C&B sixshooters and having the cylinders and barrels welded solid. That would make them a non-firing gun, you can paint the barrel day-glo orange if required, and the action should hold up to lots of dryfire.

Just thinking about options...

Archived