SASS Wire Forum

SxS opening lever

Royal Flush

Getting rid of the interlock on a 97 was the dumbest idea anyone ever come up with.

Just so you know Goody a 97 will not fire unless it's in battery as well. That is if it's set up right. In saying that give one of these wire experts an aftermarket sear and a drummel and your guess is as good as mine. Same goes for a double. You ever see one of these over smithed SKBs that you could shake the barrels up and down enough to get a business card between the frame and the barrels? Is that a safe gun? I don't know either. If a Stoager opens between shots than the smith that set it up did not do their job. Removing the lock was still a dumb idea that is not needed. I don't feel bending the lever is needed as well unless you shoot a hammer double.

All this bad press about doubles, maybe it's time to make them illegal for the sport. They're not as cowboy as my 97 anyway.

Getting rid of the interlock on a 97 was the dumbest idea anyone ever come up with.

Just so you know Goody a 97 will not fire unless it's in battery as well. That is if it's set up right. In saying that give one of these wire experts an aftermarket sear and a drummel and your guess is as good as mine. Same goes for a double. You ever see one of these over smithed SKBs that you could shake the barrels up and down enough to get a business card between the frame and the barrels? Is that a safe gun? I don't know either. If a Stoager opens between shots than the smith that set it up did not do their job. Removing the lock was still a dumb idea that is not needed. I don't feel bending the lever is needed as well unless you shoot a hammer double.

All this bad press about doubles, maybe it's time to make them illegal for the sport. They're not as cowboy as my 97 anyway.

I realize that the 97 has to be in battery as well. I was just commenting on all the "Sky is falling" hand wringing that went on when it was found that some were disabling the locking lugs of their doubles. Pointing out that if the safety issue is going to be addressed in a serious manner that ALL modifications to the actions of shotguns need to be looked at, not just what goes further than what you(not you personally Colt) have done to your guns.

Duece, I have NO idea who was doing it, but a few years ago someone was removing the locking mech. on dbls. It was stopped as soon as it was discovered.

Cheyenne, see u at WR, Culpepper

WOW!!! IS THAT REALLY TRUE OR IS IT JUST AN URBAN LEGEND?

Also wondering since when is a double barrel shotgun not "cowboy?" Geeeeezzzzz!

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

Yea it allows the carrier to drop out of battery while walking up behind your bird dog... Even dumber are those that tell how the interlock will prevent an OBD since the thing only holds the carrier in battery. Anything that happens prior to battery will still happen :blink:

I realize that the 97 has to be in battery as well. I was just commenting on all the "Sky is falling" hand wringing that went on when it was found that some were disabling the locking lugs of their doubles. Pointing out that if the safety issue is going to be addressed in a serious manner that ALL modifications to the actions of shotguns need to be looked at, not just what goes further than what you(not you personally Colt) have done to your guns.

I don't think folks were incensed about the safety issue that might or might not arise.

I think it had more to do with the utter bs gamesmanship employed in pulling this stunt! If it had been up to me, which it wasn't, I would have MDQ'd every shooter that couldn't hold that damn double up and keep it locked.

Utter nonsense Goody. And from shooters who should know better.

I don't think folks were incensed about the safety issue that might or might not arise.

I think it had more to do with the utter bs gamesmanship employed in pulling this stunt! If it had been up to me, which it wasn't, I would have MDQ'd every shooter that couldn't hold that damn double up and keep it locked.

Utter nonsense Goody. And from shooters who should know better.

I never understood it either, An what was won by doing it?

RRR

Well....the ban on the practice came out after the TG meeting during Winter Range....so if everyone complied, the Nationals weren't affected on the second and third days.

Archived