SASS Wire Forum

wtb pistols for newbie

Guest mckilling

Guest mckilling

I just heard about SASS, and I'm really excited about getting into it. I have done some reading and I heard that you could find single action pistols for around $300. But I haven't been able to find anything cheaper than $450. Anyone know where I can find 2 pistols for around $300. I don't really care which brand, just a stand up pistol.

thanks.

I just heard about SASS, and I'm really excited about getting into it. I have done some reading and I heard that you could find single action pistols for around $300. But I haven't been able to find anything cheaper than $450. Anyone know where I can find 2 pistols for around $300. I don't really care which brand, just a stand up pistol.

thanks.

Welcome, $300 ea. will be a bit hard to find unless you want to shoot Cap and Ball. I saw a post for a pair of Taurus SAA's a few days ago for $750, good luck on finding anything any cheaper. Go to a local club and talk to some folks you might get lucky.

Good Luck and again welcome.

Randy

http://wartracecowboys.blogspot.com/

Welcome, $300 ea. will be a bit hard to find unless you want to shoot Cap and Ball. I saw a post for a pair of Taurus SAA's a few days ago for $750, good luck on finding anything any cheaper. Go to a local club and talk to some folks you might get lucky.

Good Luck and again welcome.

Randy

http://wartracecowboys.blogspot.com/

Here is the post.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=164158

Also I have a pair of Vaqueros for sale.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162278

Good Luck

Randy

thanks.

There were two Hawes Marshalls in 38 special and a Stevens double barrel shotgun sold recently on this forum for $700 for all three. Admitedly, this is not an everyday occurance, but it does happen. The point is to be patient. As a newcommer, it seems like a great investment; however, something will come up. I'm sue that someone where you shoot will be glad to let you shoot something of their's, Cowboys are just like that. Welcome. Slowpoke Joe

Welcome, Always glad to see new people show an interest in the game. I'm just worried that if you run right out and buy guns, you will not be happy in the long run. Please, take it slow, go to a shoot and look around and ask questions. This is not a one size fits all situation. There is so much to learn BEFORE you even think of getting any gun. Google Search "getting started in cowboy action shooting"

Before you get too excited about running out and buying guns;do what was mentioned.Go to a match or 2 and talk with people about what they shoot and why.I'd bet within the 1st half hour you'll have invites to try out several makes,models and calibers.Find out what feels best in your hands before you start laying out bucks for guns you might end up not liking.Caliber selection is also important.44-40....38-40...45LC and 38/357 are pretty much what you'll find at 99% of the shoots you go to.ALL are great calibers but the 38's are the least expensive to buy and/or reload.So take your time and try some out 1st.

thanks.

Welcome to the most shooting fun to come up in decades!!

I don't have any guns to offer, but I will state from personal experience, DO NOT start out with a ROSSI '92 rifle unless it has been to Nate. I have seen too many folks drawn to them because of lower price, but ALL have been disappointed. They are cheaper for a reason. BUT Nate can make them work, but, again, more outlay. MHO

Good hunting.

Al

Archived