SASS Wire Forum

Walker Colt replica

Got this commemorative type replica Walker Colt and I was wondering if anyone has seen one, know possible value (I'm sure not much), and might help me identify maker. Right side of gun has a PN on receiver below cylinder, US 1847 & another PN on receiver in front of cylinder, and SM BLACK POWDER ONLY CAL 44 MADE IN ITALY on right side of barrel. In front of trigger guard is the serial number E64xxx. Left sided of gun has star with two cicles around it(simular to a Texas Ranger badge) on receiver in front of cylinder, TEXAS RANGER on barrel, and circle around barrel at muzzle, all this in gold color. Top of barrel has 0156 of 1000 and cylinder has a scene of some sort on it. Grips are a ivory copy, grip frame in brass other is blue. Revolver has a very authentic appearance and probably shootable if desired. Thanks for any thoughts and/or ideas about it.

Howdy, BB -

Can't tell if this is the same as the one you described, but this one has been running on Gunbroker for a long time.

Walker

Regards, TJH

[EDIT] Just noticed the description for the link is Dragoon, so probably not relevant to your question. Sorry...

Got this commemorative type replica Walker Colt and I was wondering if anyone has seen one, know possible value (I'm sure not much), and might help me identify maker. Right side of gun has a PN on receiver below cylinder, US 1847 & another PN on receiver in front of cylinder, and SM BLACK POWDER ONLY CAL 44 MADE IN ITALY on right side of barrel. In front of trigger guard is the serial number E64xxx. Left sided of gun has star with two cicles around it(simular to a Texas Ranger badge) on receiver in front of cylinder, TEXAS RANGER on barrel, and circle around barrel at muzzle, all this in gold color. Top of barrel has 0156 of 1000 and cylinder has a scene of some sort on it. Grips are a ivory copy, grip frame in brass other is blue. Revolver has a very authentic appearance and probably shootable if desired. Thanks for any thoughts and/or ideas about it.

Billy,

Your Walker was made by Armi San Marco and was one of their limited editions (not a US Historical Society or America Remembers issue). The PN and stars are Italian proof marks, and the cylinder scene is the Mounted Dragoons scene found on all Walkers & Dragoons IIRC. The ranger star and barrel bands are real gold. Off hand, I don't know when these were made; but, there should be a date code on the frame somewhere - either a Roman numeral or two letters in a box. 2009 Blue Book value of a NIB ASM Walker is around $315. Being the Texas Ranger limited edition it would be worth about 30% to 50% more IMHO. These Walkers are very shootable and have limited collector value.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I received 1 as a gift so I Can't confirm a price

But I know that HUD sold 1 at his auction last month, I stopped watching at the $400.00 level.

He would have a recent valuation

I Finally got a chance to go back and review the Auction Archives for Hud's last auction

The final sales price was $600.00.

Coffee

Coffee

Thanks guys, great information. Johnny the proof mark chart pretty much adentifies it as Gardone & Brescia, like Fingers suggested Italian proof marks. Armi San Marco is probably right on the maker but not sure of a stamp that singles that out..but stands to reason. On side of receiver beside the PN there is a stamp appearing to be intended to be box with two letters but stamp did not cut deep enough to see fullbox, appears to be BL or DL.

Coffee, maybe Hud will want another if he can get that much for it. I'd take $400 in a heartbeat. You and Hud coming to WR, how about FJT? Hoe to see all three of you there.

Goody, this is no elk gun for me, I'll stick with the 454. Now hawg gun it might work if I could get a shot off just before climbing a tree, figure I would need to be fairly close. It does sport a big hole in the end of that barrel.

Can you guys imagine carrying one of these in a holster all day, let alone several on your saddle....big and heavy. Them Texas Rangers were tough....just like Sawyer and Pulp.

Thanks all for input. Think I will put it up for sale on classified.

bb

Save it till my week-ends roll around so I can come shoot with y'all. You need to shoot it for at least one match. I'll carry it 'twixt stages, and load it for you. Might even loan you a holster that will fit in. You'll be a convert after the first shot! :lol:

Thanks guys, great information. Johnny the proof mark chart pretty much adentifies it as Gardone & Brescia, like Fingers suggested Italian proof marks. Armi San Marco is probably right on the maker but not sure of a stamp that singles that out..but stands to reason. On side of receiver beside the PN there is a stamp appearing to be intended to be box with two letters but stamp did not cut deep enough to see fullbox, appears to be BL or DL.

bb

Billy,

The SM in the barrel stamping makes it an Armi San Marco. They used Marco, San Marco, Armi San Marco, AS, and SM as their barrel markings. The date code in the box would be BL for a 1998 manufacture date. They haven't made it up to D yet. Current 2010 date code is CF and 2011 is CH.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Thnks Fingers, fits it perfectly. Already have an offer on it that I might take.

Pulp, I think I am much happier not shooting it. ha. Might be talked into shooting one of yours someday....maybe.

Coffee, maybe Hud will want another if he can get that much for it. I'd take $400 in a heartbeat. You and Hud coming to WR, how about FJT? Hoe to see all three of you there.

Howdy Pard I'll miss you at Winter Range this year - best of luck to you

I do hope to catch up with you at EOT this year.

I know that HUD will be there - I spoke to him about it Last Week

and I beleive that FJT will be there - He had asked me for a ride, and I'm sorry that I had to turn him down.

I'm sure that HUD will take it off your hands, and $400.00 would not be unreasonable at his auction - his next auction is in May.

Once again - Good Luck

Coffee

Archived