SASS Wire Forum

Bayou Blast

Noz

Got really tired of the cold weather and the snow. Decided to head for the Bayou Blast at Lake Charles, La. come the second weekend in March.

Just want to go someplace I can do some shooting with out wading snow or mud.

Why don't y'all come down and join us?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got really tired of the cold weather and the snow. Decided to head for the Bayou Blast at Lake Charles, La. come the second weekend in March.

I'll be there. Registration sent and hotel reservations made. Will be going down a couple days early to visit old friends (used to live near there 20 some years ago)

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Had a BALL there last year. Don't know that it's gonna be in the cards for us this year. The Lake Charles bunch sure know how ta make ya feel welcome! Possum, if'n me and Fannie Kicker don't make it, take care of my pards Noz and Fingers. Fingers, I hope ya'll have recuperated from the New Years Eve party, I'm almost back to normal! Give Cajun Queen a hug for me and Fannie!

Fingers, I hope ya'll have recuperated from the New Years Eve party, I'm almost back to normal!

I must be more resilient than you are Titus. I was suffering no ill effects on Monday after the party. Glad to see you're finally up and about :lol:

I must be more resilient than you are Titus. I was suffering no ill effects on Monday after the party. Glad to see you're finally up and about :lol:

Swede's gonna be there too!

We, Me and Lorrie are gonna roll Wednesday morning.

Possum Skinner- got a couple of questions. No fancy dinner on Saturday this year? Second- I'm unhappy 'cause I just found out that the Wild Bunch match at Jailbreak is gonna be strict SASS rules-so I can't shoot it. How about at BB?? Ya'll got something against .357 rifles out there? That has to be one of the STUPIDEST rules I ever heard of, as well as DISCRIMINATING against those who shoot a 357, as I do.

Tell,

We are going to have dinner at the range this year. No more Celebrity Roasts. It will be great food and should be very entertaining.

As far as Wild Bunch rules, the decision was made to adhere to the SASS Wild Bunch rules so it would be most consistent with what will be found at most big matches.

We certainly have nothing against 357's. That's what I shoot myself, but I guess like Classic Cowboy, the WB wanted this to be big bore. I'd at least have liked SASS to allow ladies and juniors to shoot 357 rifles and 9mm pistols, but I wasn't asked either.

I think I could still enjoy it and hope you can, too.

Possum

Planning to be there myself again this year, havent missed one yet and dont want to. Always enjoy shooting with ya'll.

If anyone is passing thru on the way down, Cypress Creek Cowboys will be shooting on the first weekend in March. Most of us will be at Bayou Blast, so we decided to move our match for March, plus it will give everyone a good chance to warm up after this nasty weather we been having

Possum. I shoot 38s due to my little sensitive shoulders! I traded a big bore I seldom used for a Marlin in 44 so I could play the game regardless of where I went. I may have to show up early for WB!. Getting ready for the WR Wild Bunch match. Get to see how the fast fellers do it!

Guest Crosscut Hardy SASS # 54701

Welcome to Bayou Blast 2011, we will have at least as much fun as we had last year. Possum asked me to head up Wild Bunch, have asked Gator to help and will need more help. Big Iron, if you are up for it - maybe you can give me a hand, sure would appreciate it. Kinda decided early on to keep all things as standard SASS WB rules to help shooters who do shoot a lot of WB matches. crosscut hardy

Possum, hold me a spot. I'll be travling with Mose and Bella. I gotta hitch a ride due to not having a job this year... The door greeter job down at the Dollar Store is not working out for me.... Might move over to the Dollar General next... I'm good at retail...

Might be able to go this year...sure would be fun to meet Chickahominy Charlie in person!

:FlagAm:

If it was your intention to intimidate, you have succeded. My 13 y/o daughter (who reads this forum, but does not post) has now asked that we not attend because she's concerned of a confrontation. I've told her that she's being silly.

I've told her that we are adults, and we can conduct ourselves as such.

I hope that if you do make it to Bayou Blast that we can greet each with a smile and a handshake. I never miss the opportunity to make a friend rather than an enemy. If we miss each other this time, I'm sure there'll be another. Texas isn't that big.

Vaya con Dios (Go with God), pard.

If it was your intention to intimidate, you have succeded. My 13 y/o daughter (who reads this forum, but does not post) has now asked that we not attend because she's concerned of a confrontation. I've told her that she's being silly.

I've told her that we are adults, and we can conduct ourselves as such.

I hope that if you do make it to Bayou Blast that we can greet each with a smile and a handshake. I never miss the opportunity to make a friend rather than an enemy. If we miss each other this time, I'm sure there'll be another. Texas isn't that big.

Vaya con Dios (Go with God), pard.

I am sure that was not his intention. I dont know Phantom well but have met him a couple times and played poker with him last year at Jailbreak (I lost). He is a nice guy, just doesnt come off that way on wire all the time. I am the opposite - I am a nice guy but often come accross as short or terse in person, but not on purpose.

I am sure that was not his intention. I dont know Phantom well but have met him a couple times and played poker with him last year at Jailbreak (I lost). He is a nice guy, just doesnt come off that way on wire all the time. I am the opposite - I am a nice guy but often come accross as short or terse in person, but not on purpose.

+1 Frio, I had read Phantoms postings when he was still in California. Read he was moving to the Austin area so met him at Winter range and told him of all the good clubs and people in TX. He is a solid Pard that will help anyone and any club he shoots at. There would not be any confrontation with him. Relax. Go to Bayou Blast and have a BLAST with some of the greatest folks around. I do not consider them fellow shooters but FRIENDS!

Was sure hoping to go.

Sure want to go.

This was a fun match last year.

Put on by some good folks.

Still trying to reschedule some thing to make it work out.

I hate signing up late. But if we can make it work. That is what it

will have to be.

Might know for sure in a few days.

Well, I sure can't enjoy Wild Bunch since I can't shoot it! I'm too poor to go buy another rifle just to shoot WB two or three times a year. What's next, requiring bigger calibers in ALL categories?? Thanks for nothin' SASS.

Hey Noz and Fingers you guys picked a GREAT MATCH!! to get out of the cold I really enjoyed it last year. It will be our first big match of the year.

Phantom sure would be fun to shoot with ya if you can make ,last year the Great White Possum set up our kinda match "run n gun up close n fun".

Cross cut it is always a pleasure to see you again my friend.

Al lets go show em how our exercise plans are working on the firing line.

All the rest of you fine folks I look forward to seeing you also.

IS IT TIME TO GO SHOOT YET!!!!!!

MOSE

Well, I sure can't enjoy Wild Bunch since I can't shoot it! I'm too poor to go buy another rifle just to shoot WB two or three times a year. What's next, requiring bigger calibers in ALL categories?? Thanks for nothin' SASS.

You're more than welcome to shoot mine!! 1866 in 45lc!! B)

Noz you are gonna love it.

last year was our first time to shoot Bayou Blast but it was one of our favorites.

I'm taking off that Friday from work... my principal is gonna have a fit but I have the time comin' so I'm gonna take it.

It's the weekend before spring break so I can really relax and not be stressed over going back to work on Monday.

Looking forward to seeing you and Lorrie.

Hey Noz and Fingers you guys picked a GREAT MATCH!! to get out of the cold I really enjoyed it last year. It will be our first big match of the year.

MOSE

Can't wait to head down that way. Wanted to make last year's match; but it just wasn't in the cards. It's gonna be almost like commin home. We lived in DeRidder for 13 years before moving up here to Missouri.

Fingers (Get the Crawfish & Boudin ready cause I'ma commin down) McGee

Fingers, find us a place for Thursday nite supper.

I hope to put a serious hurt on the mud bug population.

Fingers, I have made the first two and will make the third as well. We have talked plenty across these wires and it will be good to meet you and NOZ on a FTF. I will have plenty of BP if you need extra. Talked to Chattahoochee Dave just last night.For you who have never been the Bayou Blast is a nice match. You can't find anyone that is nicer than Possum and Dave and Gator.Smokey, glad to hear you and Ralph are going to be there again. I can tell you that it is best to bring clothes for cold or hot weather. Also the wet Louisiana sunshine shows up at times. The first Blast was cold and wet and the second one was hot enough to run the AC. That is our weather in March so be prepared. I live here and on the first one the wife and I were at Wally World buying gloves and hand warmers. Last year I was outside in shorts and t-shirt. Later Fairshake

Fingers, find us a place for Thursday nite supper.

I hope to put a serious hurt on the mud bug population.

We're gonna be in DeRidder Wed & Thurs. Won't be in Lake Charles til Fri morning. We'll have to find some place then, I guess.

Fairshake, I remember what Louisiana weather is like in March. We'll be prepared for anything short of a Hurricane. Hopefully, it'll be 73 degrees with low humidity and a slight breeze blowing from left to right on the stages so the blackpowder smoke dissipates rapidly.

Hi Fingers!

Ya'll might try The Seafood Palace on Enterprise Blvd. in LC or Steamboat Bill on I-10 just before the Big Bridge. I'm sure some of our members can think of some more places.

Look forward to meeting ya'll at Bayou Blast!!

Happy Trails

Navasota Kid :D:D

Hi Fingers!

Ya'll might try The Seafood Palace on Enterprise Blvd. in LC or Steamboat Bill on I-10 just before the Big Bridge. I'm sure some of our members can think of some more places.

Look forward to meeting ya'll at Bayou Blast!!

Happy Trails

Navasota Kid :D:D

Thanks for the leads Kid. I'm looking forward to some real Cajun cooking again. Been toooooo long.

Hey Possum!!! I haven't mailed in my registration cuz of $$$...but I'm gonna be home that weekend...hope you have room for me. I'll try to get my reg mailed in the next couple of weeks. And of course I'll be shooting Wild Bunch!!! Yahoo!!!

Hey Possum!!! I haven't mailed in my registration cuz of $$$...but I'm gonna be home that weekend...hope you have room for me. I'll try to get my reg mailed in the next couple of weeks. And of course I'll be shooting Wild Bunch!!! Yahoo!!!

Nellie!! It'll be good to see you again. Didn't make shot show this year, missed ya' and that great Mexican restaurant. See ya' there!

Capt Hill B)

Nellie!! It'll be good to see you again. Didn't make shot show this year, missed ya' and that great Mexican restaurant. See ya' there!

Capt Hill B)

I'm looking forward to seeing all of ya'll also! Can't wait to see my "green" Louisiana!!!! I'm hoping for Dogwood blooms...what are the chances? :)

Archived