SASS Wire Forum

Marlin 94 ejector

Wif

I love my 94 marlin, but I am annoyed with all the brass being thrown forward.

Is it possible to re-time the ejector by filing the the "hook" face back a little towards the butt to delay ejection and throw the brass more to the side?

Wif

Taking tension off the ejector and extractor springs will keep your brass a lot closer to you.

You can't really change the timing to eject it later, because there is a new round coming up on the carrier that needs room. Marlin has this pretty close already.

CR

I love my 94 marlin, but I am annoyed with all the brass being thrown forward.

Is it possible to re-time the ejector by filing the the "hook" face back a little towards the butt to delay ejection and throw the brass more to the side?

Wif

I've often wondered how I can have the brass eject more to the side. I'm not going to win any shooting contest, so what I do when I shoot my Marlin OR my '73 is this. As I am picking up the rifle and bringing it to my shoulder, I am also takeing one careful step back and I shoot from that position. That way I'm assured of get most, if not all my brass picked up and returned. Otherwise the brass, especially from the Marlin, will eject out in front of the props.

Archived