SASS Wire Forum

Whats The Call

Black Tom

We had interesting discussion at the range today. We agreed that a round left in the rifle is a MS. But we disagreed on the call for loading to many rounds in the rifle. I thought it also was a minor safety, some friends thought it was a P for failure to follow loading table directions?

Black Tom

According to the pocket RO card in appendix D of the RO1 training manual, the penalty for loading too many rounds in a rifle is a MSV.

While from the same source Not adhering to loading or unloading procedures is a SDQ.

Page 26 RO1 manual has it listed as a SDQ.

But I would say that since the offense is listed specifically that would be the call so MSV.

Again Tom (see your other post),

Failure to follow LTP is a SDQ. Ammo count is part of the scenario, not a LTP.

If the shooter loaded too many and either fired the next gun or set it down on the ULT with that live round in it, it would be two MSVs. One for loading too many and one for leaving it in the gun.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi again,

Guess I should give an example of a LTP. One is the requirement to show clear at the end of the stage. Another is to have the hammer down on an empty chamber.

As I said before, ammo count is part of the Scenario not a L:TP.

Regards,

Allie Mo

What Hacker said.

Minor Safety Penalties

• Not leaving a long gun action open at the end of the shooting string or before the next firearm is fired.

• Leaving empty or live rounds in magazine or carrier of the long gun in which it was loaded.

• Loading more than the correct number of live rounds in a firearm.

ROI p.25

Normally, it will result in two Minor Safety penalties as Allie Mo said and as included in PaleWolf's post.

1. Loading too many.

2. Leaving a round on the carrier. (unless the shooter or TO catch this and eject it before the next gun is fired.)

This possibility of a double penalty for essentially the same action was voted on at the last convention, but the change did not pass.

Archived