SASS Wire Forum

Time to say good by

Slap Happy Pappy #24722

I have had some medical problems and they keep me from being able to shoot the cowboy way. I was wondering if I could get some help at pricing some of what I have. I have a pair of 357 Cimarrons, with a 5 1/2 inch barrel, a matched pair with consecutive serial numbers in stainless steel and have had a full action job done on them by Lonnie Ammon. I also have a Rossi 1892 357 lever action carbine in stainless steel that loves 38s with a 20 inch barrel, and a full action job by Lonnie as well. And a Charles Daly side by side 12 gauge shotgun with choke tubes and a single trigger. Have not had any work done to the shotgun to date. My holsters and gun cart I will just post them on the classified and get what ever they bring. Any pricing help will be greatly appreciated.

Man, your post just plain saddens me. I hate this. If'n it were me... well, it ain't, so that ain't any nevermind. If you're able, I'd suggest you take 'em out to yer clubs next shoot, set 'em on a table and price 'em for what you got in 'em. Good pards will let ya know what they're worth... and you likely know which pards at your club are good'uns and which are anglin' for a "steal". I've found that folks are more'n likely to offer their best when they can fondle the goods and determine for themselves what they feel they're worth. Sometimes what we have in our guns is far more than they're worth... but it's a starting point.

Always sad to hear a cowboy is quitting. I hope sumthin changes and ya git better and stick with it.

As far as prices go the suggestion to bring 'em to shoots is good otherwise try SASS Classified, Guns America, Gunbroker etc. Good luck to ya, Rye

Archived