SASS Wire Forum

Son's USMC Deployment

Hi All,

Our son just returned safely from Southern Helmand Province, Afghanistan with USMC Regimental Combat Team 2.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for everyone in Service to our country, deployed or not and to those who have served. Not everyone in his group survived so keep a special place in your thoughts for them and their families.

A special thanks to Calgary Kate and Mescalero and those that provided support of the deployed - it is much appreciated.

Thanks also to our Allies such as the Canadians, British, Australians who we have the honor of serving with. Let us know who you all are!

A brief note he wrote to the local Marine Corps League for the Birthday Ball:

Hey, doing good here. No real complaint's, the prayers and good thoughts make it this way just fine and some need them more than others.

We are staying strong here but some places are pretty nasty out here. I guess a good message to pass is that some of us are in good safe places some are in bad cold places and some of us are just plain ol'surrounded, but no matter where you are, make sure your eyes are open to what's going on around you. Everyone has their own battles they deal with and some are more deadly than others but where ever yours is make sure your protecting everyone your supposed to. Happy birthday Marines, I hope im there next year...

Semper Fi,

Henry Andrew Thomas and Isabella Ringen'

Please pass along a Welcome home Little Brother for me and a Prayer for those still on Patrol. They kept The Faith.

Thank You for you're service. :FlagAm:

Prayers up for those on patrol and for those who will not be coming home. :FlagAm:

Thanks from our homestead for his service and the service and sacrifice of all these brave men and women.

They are always in our thoughts and prayers!

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

~EE Taft~

Hi All,

Our son just returned safely from Southern Helmand Province, Afghanistan with USMC Regimental Combat Team 2.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for everyone in Service to our country, deployed or not and to those who have served. Not everyone in his group survived so keep a special place in your thoughts for them and their families.

A special thanks to Calgary Kate and Mescalero and those that provided support of the deployed - it is much appreciated.

Thanks also to our Allies such as the Canadians, British, Australians who we have the honor of serving with. Let us know who you all are!

A brief note he wrote to the local Marine Corps League for the Birthday Ball:

Hey, doing good here. No real complaint's, the prayers and good thoughts make it this way just fine and some need them more than others.

We are staying strong here but some places are pretty nasty out here. I guess a good message to pass is that some of us are in good safe places some are in bad cold places and some of us are just plain ol'surrounded, but no matter where you are, make sure your eyes are open to what's going on around you. Everyone has their own battles they deal with and some are more deadly than others but where ever yours is make sure your protecting everyone your supposed to. Happy birthday Marines, I hope im there next year...

Semper Fi,

Henry Andrew Thomas and Isabella Ringen'

First off, thank your son for his service and dedication to this Great Country we live in!

Secondly, as one father of a Marine to another, take a deep breath and enjoy the fact you son is again safe on U.S. soil. (Don't know if the feeling of knowing they have safely returned can quit be described!)

God Bless your Marine, you and your family!

J.D,

(who is looking forward to his son's return from his latest deployment!)

p.s.

I will second the thanks to Calgary Kate and Mescalero! Last I had spoke to my son he mentioned how appreciative he was of their and other SASS members support!

Tell him thanks and God bless him and all the others that let me play cowboy on the weekends.

Shake his hand fer me and bake him a nice Semper Pie. :FlagAm::lol:

Archived