SASS Wire Forum

ey Deja

Grizzly Dave

News Story that might interest you, I confess I didn't read it all, but the headline falls in line with what we were talking bout the other night.

Grizz

Exactly that, a sort of dance. I was told that as a kid on cutting horse, you have to let the horse lead in a kinda dance or partnership with you. The very same is true of the moutains, well nature in general, you have to just lean in to it and accept the thrill of being so close to it. Copper was one of the best, loved Tahoes, New Mexico too. There is a sign there, or use to be something ab out .. DON" PANIC this is only a percentage of available runs .. lol.. I saw it, swallowed really hard, and after a morning of sking I was up for the challenge.. Double Black, nope, triple I would say. I skied with an older guy there that taught me the Mambo he called it. You kind ski with both legs closer and they work as a really strong piston kinds of. At first I thought I would crash, but I tried it for him cuz he was really good and so sweet. He was right, he was 71 and out there still, but not on the black runs anymore. He knew them though, boy did he know them. I felt humbled by his knowledge.. but that happens often to me.. lol. Thanks for the post, Copper was a kinda locals hang out, most people liked Keystone better because it was groomed to death.. lol I liked the bumps, and powder bowls were nice too.

Archived