SASS Wire Forum

Hey Hawk

Grizzly Dave

How ya doin pard?

Got enuff snow?

They is sayin we'll be in the 50s all week, but long range forecast calls for snow next Saturday for the match, but high is sposed to be 38, but what do they know. You should come on down and shoot with us.

Grizz

How ya doin pard?

Got enuff snow?

They is sayin we'll be in the 50s all week, but long range forecast calls for snow next Saturday for the match, but high is sposed to be 38, but what do they know. You should come on down and shoot with us.

Grizz

Oh yeah Grizz, we got more dan enuff. Da critters are makin tunnels through da snow !!

Yup, weather folks here are callin' fer da whole week to be near 41.

So, I figger dats gonna cuz major floodin' on da Mississippi. My work place is rat on da river.

I'd like too Grizz, I really would. But my Baby Girl's gittin' hichted in March, so I gotta save up some gold dust fer da trip down to NC.

Can't wait to walk her down dat isle. Gonna be a shotgun weddin' fer sure !!;)

Just mapped it out, right about 14 hours, all interstate, ought to be a walk in the park for you.

Lady Hawk says, "14 HOURS ?!?! :blink: Dats all rat fer you truckers, ya do it all da time. But it's me and my butt I'm worryin' bout !! :unsure:

I got it on my "Bucket List" to shoot wif ya. Ifin' I can only git passed dis horsepital and sawbones visits stuff.

Even da sawbones won't sign off on my DOT card, so da drivers lic folks won't renew my cdl, not dat I was gonna to use it any how. :lol:

I got a car lic, which is just as good.

Cood to back to drivin' a rig anyway. It is agin da law ifin' ya git caught, rat ? :ph34r:

Bout 10 hours is the most I try to do any more. Did 15 in one day back from Comin At Cha in November, with two drivers, still alot of butt in a car seat time.

After we get this house ready and sold, and get a new place, that should free up some time and hopefully money, maybe we can meet at a match in the middle somewhere, maybe Iowa or Nebraska and get Taft and others to come as well.

Bout 10 hours is the most I try to do any more. Did 15 in one day back from Comin At Cha in November, with two drivers, still alot of butt in a car seat time.

After we get this house ready and sold, and get a new place, that should free up some time and hopefully money, maybe we can meet at a match in the middle somewhere, maybe Iowa or Nebraska and get Taft and others to come as well.

Sounds good to me. What time frame ya thinkin' bout, after ya git into yur new house ?

Da farther away from me, da longer I need to take vaction time. So far I git two weeks.

And I need to put in fer vaction two weeks in advance.

So, ifin all y'all don't mind shootin' wif a old, cripbled, slow shootin cowpoke, den game on !! ;)

Gittin' Taft and some of da others to come mite be ticky...

Dey on a long ride... trackin' down bad doers, ifin' ya remember.. :lol:

Hey Pards!

I drive 16 to 18 hours a day most days so a trip to Nebraska er Kansas ain't nuttin' ta me. Money wise is another story sometimes but with an advanced notice I think I could pull it off.

Let me know if y'all wanna do it some time and I'll see what we can do.

~EE Taft~

BTW, The bad doers done did me in. Check out the Last Dance thread.

Hey Pards!

I drive 16 to 18 hours a day most days so a trip to Nebraska er Kansas ain't nuttin' ta me. Money wise is another story sometimes but with an advanced notice I think I could pull it off.

Let me know if y'all wanna do it some time and I'll see what we can do.

~EE Taft~

OK. I think we can pull it off, if....enough notice is given to all partys.

What think Grizz ?

I've wanted to shoot at the Powder Creek Cowboy in Lanexa, KS for a while, never have made it out. Bout 9 hours for me, 7 for hawk, and Taft I dunno quite where he lives, but can't be more than 4 or 5. If'n we worked it around just a normal match, it would mean less nights in a motel which is what really eats cash quickly. Or heck, driving that far one more night and shoot an annual might not be a bad thing.

Lets keep it in mind, I reckon we can get 'er done at some point.

Wish I was closer. Last time I left Rapid City for Saint Paul and then to Madison, WI to visit my employer, I took off from St Paul and stopped for the night at Bozeman -15 hours. Next day was a piece of cake. Bozeman to the Casa was only 10 hours. You have a great time and tip a glass for me.

I'd figure about 4 hours give or take.

Heck, the way I do things I could take off late night/early morning make it to the shoot and drive home that night.

However, if we get together there would have to be dinner involved so I'd figure on a stay.

If we figure on late summer that might be plenty of notice and we would be more likely to catch cooler shooting weather than mid summer. OR......We could try for spring time.......... :unsure:

I'll let you fellers call the shots as y'all got more drive time.

Keep me in the loop and we'll get together somewhere.

~EE Taft~

Late summer works fer me and Lady Hawk.

She's all gitty bout it too !!! :lol:

So, what says Grizz ?

Willie, next time yur in St. Paul, give me a hollar, ok ?

Any other pards want to go along ? :unsure:

I'm in for late summer. Let's have one of us do the looking at the schedules for that club and put a plan together.

Then if the rest of us can agree on the date it's a go!

What'cha think?!?!?

Any other takers? We could make that club a busy day fer sure!! :lol:

~EE Taft~

I'm in for late summer. Let's have one of us do the looking at the schedules for that club and put a plan together.

Then if the rest of us can agree on the date it's a go!

What'cha think?!?!?

Any other takers? We could make that club a busy day fer sure!! :lol:

~EE Taft~

Ok here Grizz, chime in here...

EE and me are in fer late summer .

Any others want to join up ?? :unsure:

Yup, We'll keep dat club busy all rat...

As slow as I am, it just mite be a all day affair !! :lol:

Oh yeah, gotta be a sleep over......

(Bottles.. Sit'em up on Grizz's tab. After all it was HIS ideaer !! :D )

Depends on what you mean by late summer....

mid to late august is pretty busy for me, have annual at local club, daughter grizz goes back to school. now if'n you boys wanted to drive a bit farther and shoot an annual here in Colorado.... September might be better, and a bit cooler and less humid too, I know Taft is probably used to that liquid air, but I can't breathe the stuff.

Not to mention my life is kinda up in the air with the house, once it's on the market long range planning with be iffy at best. Once it sells we'll have to scrable to find a place to move to, I'd rather find a new house to buy and move once than have to rent and move twice.

Thinkin' along da lines of Sept., once ya sell da house.

Don't think you'd want to go to Kansas still in da old house, do ya ?

Want to and able to afford two are different things.

The older I get I realize....

I still have a fair amount of want to....

not near as much "can do"....

and sometimes falter on the "follow thru"

September sounds good, we'll kinda work and hope towards that. There is a rib place in Overland park I used to go with my grandfather, good stuff, but you might have to roll me out of there...

September sounds good, we'll kinda work and hope towards that. There is a rib place in Overland park I used to go with my grandfather, good stuff, but you might have to roll me out of there...

Hey, If you can show up, I'll carry ya outta there on my back if I have to. :lol::huh:

We should keep in touch on the matter and see how the spring and summer goes. I don't see any problem on my end and I've got a few Pards 'round here that might like ta join in.

~EE Taft~

Colorado would be great and I love that dry thin air alot better than here in the soup, but I don't know that my banker would like to see me make the trip. :rolleyes:

Ya might talk me into it though........... :unsure:

But if ya can make it to Kansas I'll be there fer sure!!

~EE Taft~

Hawk, I reckon that would be the beautiful young lady ya brought shootin with ya when ya was here that's gettin married. Not surprised somebody's after her. Iffn yore here fer the wedding, we'll have to do another shoot. C U pard....

I've wanted to shoot at the Powder Creek Cowboy in Lanexa, KS for a while, never have made it out. Bout 9 hours for me, 7 for hawk, and Taft I dunno quite where he lives, but can't be more than 4 or 5. If'n we worked it around just a normal match, it would mean less nights in a motel which is what really eats cash quickly. Or heck, driving that far one more night and shoot an annual might not be a bad thing.

Lets keep it in mind, I reckon we can get 'er done at some point.

Powder Creek is hosting the Kansas State Championship in June of this year. Good shoot. Get in early, they have a limit.

Hawk, I reckon that would be the beautiful young lady ya brought shootin with ya when ya was here that's gettin married. Not surprised somebody's after her. Iffn yore here fer the wedding, we'll have to do another shoot. C U pard....

Ok Long Branch,..dates fer da weddin' is da 26th of March.

I'll be der da 24th to da and head back on da 28th of March.

Course ya know, I'll need da whole she-bang as fer as weapons go...

Wood like bp, but anything will work. ;)

Powder Creek is hosting the Kansas State Championship in June of this year. Good shoot. Get in early, they have a limit.

Well..I'm not even close to bein' go nuff fer da state match. :wacko:

So, I'll have to pass on dat one.

But much obliged.B)

Noz, June is pretty slammed already around here. But thanks for the info!

Yup, pruty bussy round here in June to.

Things are buzzin' round here just like a June bug !! :lol:

Well, gotta talk Lady Hawk into it, but I think it's a go on my end.

Yup, gotta lot of "want to's" but don't have da gold dust to do it.

Grizz, tween me and E.E. I think we can git you out da door, SOMEHOW !! :lol:

Hey, If you can show up, I'll carry ya outta there on my back if I have to. :lol::huh:

We should keep in touch on the matter and see how the spring and summer goes. I don't see any problem on my end and I've got a few Pards 'round here that might like ta join in.

~EE Taft~

E.E., Ifin' ya don't mind me askin'....

Who and how many ? :unsure:

Got kinda large guncart, so ifin' someone of dem pards have a small trailer wiff some extra space in it, it wood be nice ifin' I could use some of it. Ifin' not, dat be ok too. :lol:

Ok Long Branch,..dates fer da weddin' is da 26th of March.

I'll be der da 24th to da and head back on da 28th of March.

Course ya know, I'll need da whole she-bang as fer as weapons go...

Wood like bp, but anything will work. ;)

We got a new shooters clinic in Salisbury the 27th. Maybe we can work something into that, show the newcomers how ta make smoke :)

We got a new shooters clinic in Salisbury the 27th. Maybe we can work something into that, show the newcomers how ta make smoke :)

I thank dat will work.

Been givin' out my SASS Card when shootin' comes up.

So, I'll have to wear western "street" clothes. Dat's what I normally wear, all da time, every day.

I'll like showin' folk what I do, so, yes...count me in !! :lol:

E.E., Ifin' ya don't mind me askin'....

Who and how many ? :unsure:

Got kinda large guncart, so ifin' someone of dem pards have a small trailer wiff some extra space in it, it wood be nice ifin' I could use some of it. Ifin' not, dat be ok too. :lol:

Are ya gittin' at a way to haul the guncart?

I think if ya can get down this way we can find a way to get your stuff hauled to the match.

Or were you gittin' at something totally different? :huh:

We'll figger it out. It sounds like we'll need a tow truck ta git Grizz out the BBQ joint anyhow! :lol:

~EE Taft~

Are ya gittin' at a way to haul the guncart?

I think if ya can get down this way we can find a way to get your stuff hauled to the match.

Or were you gittin' at something totally different? :huh:

We'll figger it out. It sounds like we'll need a tow truck ta git Grizz out the BBQ joint anyhow! :lol:

~EE Taft~

Tow truck on stand by.......:lol:

E.E. , I hauled my gear each year to de monthly matches up in Virginia, MN. Dats bout 188 miles one way. So, ifin' I can do it here, I can do it to Kansas too !!

My guncart was made by Outlaw Gambler. It's a smaller vision of a buckboard. Steel tires, a tailgate dat drops down, removeable seat and tongue. A bit heavy, but I also use it to sit on. Was made to handle up to 300#.B)

Archived