SASS Wire Forum

Pocket Holster

Waimea

Howdy Pards

I have a Kel-tec P32 which is virtually the same size as a Kel-Tec P3-AT or a Ruger LCP.

On another thread a pard asked about which gun he should get and a lot of the answers mentioned carrying an LCP or Kel-Tec with a pocket holster. And they said it leaves no print of the gun.

I carry in my front pocket which usually doesn't leave much of a print but it sure does flop around a lot.

What pocket holster do you use or do you know of that doesn't leave a print for a small gun like the LCP?

Thanks for your input.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I have an Uncle Mike's nylon pocket holster that works great, no print looks like a wallet. I have the Kel-Tec .380, Rye

Try here. Nicest guy in the leather business. Will last forever, and gauranteed for the same. I carry a ruger LCR in the front pocket in one, and you'de never know.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

Click on pocket holsters

Good luck

I have a Ruger LCP with a Galco leather pocket holster. It looks like I have a wallet in my pocket.

I usually just pack Miss Elsie P. in the front pocket of my vest or in the rear pocket of my Wranglers. When I do use a holster, it's a Mitch Rosen. I guess when "push comes to shove," I prefer to pack a belly gun without a holster. It just seems a lot more natural to just casually pull the thing out of my pocket. A holster kinda defeats the purpose, to my way of thinking.

Just curious how easy does it draw from the holster while in your pocket?

Doc

Doc

I was wondering the same thing.

Feel free to jump on this one, guys. I 'd definitely like to hear what you have to say on it.

Thanks for all your suggestions on the holsters, too.

Wolf Bane: Love your shows.

W

:FlagAm:

I use the uncle mike's holster - it 'sticks' in the pocket. The pistol slides out of the holster while the holster stays in the pocket. This works for me with jeans that are a little tighter. With looser shorts, it doesn't work as well - the holster will pull the pocket 'inside out' and the pistol will stay in the holster.

Been using Uncle Mike nylon type with my Ktec for years. Trimmed one sharp corner off with scissors, and usually keep a small hankerchief outside the holster to further break the outline. Not identifiable in jeans pocket, come out easily, and is as inexpensive as you can get. And if it did come out with the gun (which has never happened) it wouldn't worry me. I'm sure the holster would follow the first shot down range.

Trooper

...What pocket holster do you use or do you know of that doesn't leave a print for a small gun like the LCP?

Desantis Super Fly (M44BJG5Z0) for in the pocket

Desantis Tuck This II (M24BAR7Z0) for behind the belt carry.

Both of this models are for use with Crimson Trace Laser Grip. I sure they have related models if'n you ain't got no Laser.

I carry in the coat pocket most nights when I go out to walk the property. Totally different scenario from what you are thinking though and the coat would be extremely faster than from my jeans. Baggy dress slacks and really tiny guns can be invisible but there is only a tiny range of small guns that are not pretty visible in tighter pants like jeans. The problem with holsters is that they add to the already critical problem of bulk, even while breaking the outline. For concealment I much prefer Kydex over leather and usually go to a grip forward inside the waistband worn just behind the hip, kinda "Tightrope" but well forward of the spine. An untucked shirt, a jacket or hippy vest turns it totally invisible and much faster than pocket carry. My favorite Kydex holsters came from an outfit called WWW.Kytac.net but a quick search shows he is temporarily closed. Very pricy but it was much better than department store plasic holsters.

My thoughts on why we can get away with pants pocket carry is kinda like the old joke where the one place our wives can hide something from us is by sitting it on the vacuum cleaner! Pants pocket carry is almost always visible for someone who is looking but very few are looking and even fewer think 'gun' when they do see bulk without print. My question is, who will be the rare individual who makes you and what would that mean for you? Play a game with the wife, give her a ten every time she makes you and she pays every time she calls it wrong or doesn't call it at all. Unless all elements are just right, and you never cheat, she will get rich once she really gets into the game.

Best buy I've seen, is a little known maker from Wisconsin. I've got 2 of Mika's holsters, one for a Ruger LCP w/laser and one for a snubby. He custom makes them and they don't print and don't come out of the pocket. Too bad I can't use them cause I'm from Wisconsin. He also guarantees if you aren't satisfied , you get your money back. http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/index.html

Like Rye, I use an Uncle Mikes #1 with my Kel-Tec P-32. It is an L shape to stay upright in the pocket; the pistol pulls out straight up. Works great.

YUP!

:rolleyes:

That was a concern I had too with the holster coming out with the gun. But after some time letting the holster form to the gun it doesn't squeeze the gun that tight, So when you pull it out the "hook" on the holster grabs your pocket and the gun comes out pretty smooth..

I carry my P32 in an Uncle Mikes. I used to carry my PF9 in one also but did not like it. Now just carry it in my pocket.

shenny

Kel tec makes a clip that goes on either side of the pistol. You push out a pin an install the new one and the clip. When in use, it is very visible but all that you think you are seeing is a folding knife clipped to your pocket. You do have to choose L or R side to carry. I have shown people this and they are amazed. I do not know about it fitting LCP.

I would not claim getting a pocket holster out as fast, but in the summertime with shorts and maybe a t-shirt they do work.

Archived