SASS Wire Forum

I'm offical now!

Came down to Arizona early for some vacation time and to get away from the winter weather back home before taken part in Winter Range. Just got back from a day and a half in Tombstone. Took in all the sights and did my best to get around all the commercialized part of it to envision the way it was. Now when I get together with a bunch of ya I can say I've been there and will know what y'all are talking about. I didn't see any kin folk marked on Boot Hill so I figure that makes me a good guy!! :D

GinClick Rick - I was likely on there in all my glory - dressed for the occasion of course.

Marshal Mo Hare - tacky is a polite reference. I know they have to make money to keep things going and I don't begrudge the actors and those that have to make a living off their labours BUT every inch of space has advertising on it. And to add insult to injury, the original buildings were the Earps were put on trial were demolished by the government as was the original bar at the Crystal Palace during Prohibition. I guess no one thought of the historical importance of it then. But I'm still happy I went to see it all!

Colt

I was there in the mid 90's.Not like I wass hoping it'd be but still a neat place to see considering all of the history behind it.Did ya go through the courthouse museum in the basement?When I was there it had what they claim was 1 or 2 of Wyatt's guns on display.Will be back there in a little over a month from now.A Pard and I are making a month long shooting trip and the Los Vaquero's are one club's we'll be at just north of there,so a side trip into town is a must.He's never been in that part of the country before.

When ya go hold up a sign or sass badge with your alias on it so the camera can see ya and as Huel Howser says"Give us a wave" :)

Maybe write where you are from too.They should put a link to the camera here on the website and see how many sass folks get on the Tombstone camera..

Purty cool place ain't it? We went thru there in '04 when we went to EoT in California. I liked it. Only got to spent a couple three hours there, would like to go back someday and spend a bit more time. Onliest problem is it ain't on the way to nowhere :huh: and it's 710 miles from here. :angry: . Glad you had fun. I'd like to make a match there sometime, but I do good to find time to shoot at my own club anymore. <_<

JHC

I was there in the mid 90's.Not like I wass hoping it'd be but still a neat place to see considering all of the history behind it.Did ya go through the courthouse museum in the basement?When I was there it had what they claim was 1 or 2 of Wyatt's guns on display.Will be back there in a little over a month from now.A Pard and I are making a month long shooting trip and the Los Vaquero's are one club's we'll be at just north of there,so a side trip into town is a must.He's never been in that part of the country before.

Howdy Charlie!

Never got into the Courthouse basement- was kinda hustling through it and never even realized or saw signs showing a basement. Realizing the current "Courthouse" was built in 1882 I asked the folks there about where the Earp Trial took place and got the sad news about that building and a few others being torn down I think she said in the 30's or 60's. I'm sure someone here can clarify that. Now make sure you go early to stand in line for the OK Coral gunfight, maybe 20 minutes early to hear the gent talk about the noted facts and issues leading up to the event. I'm sure some of his information would make for an interesting post here as opinions vary on who the bad guys were.

Colt

Howdy Charlie!

Never got into the Courthouse basement- was kinda hustling through it and never even realized or saw signs showing a basement. Realizing the current "Courthouse" was built in 1882 I asked the folks there about where the Earp Trial took place and got the sad news about that building and a few others being torn down I think she said in the 30's or 60's. I'm sure someone here can clarify that. Now make sure you go early to stand in line for the OK Coral gunfight, maybe 20 minutes early to hear the gent talk about the noted facts and issues leading up to the event. I'm sure some of his information would make for an interesting post here as opinions vary on who the bad guys were.

Colt

I'll make sure to be there early for the intro to the gunfight.When I was there before you kinda just wandered around and picked up bits and pieces of "factoids" regarding it.Did get a copy of the newspaper covering the shootout and following trial.That had a pro and con side of it if I remmeber correctly.Paper got lost in the shuffle when we moved back to Montana in 2001.Not sure how busy it'll be when we're there this year as it'll most likely be on a monday,so we'll pretty much have all day to wander and see what's changed since I was there last.

Archived