SASS Wire Forum

Bourbon Butch's 1st post - Saying "Howdy"

Bourbon Butch

All -

Saying "howdy" from SoCal. Just getting into CAS and hoping to learn from y'all.

Brief: Commander, U.S. Navy. Just returned (8 mos ago) from Afghanistan. Married w/ 2 girls. Have shot USPSA in the past and CAS looks like a lot of fun.

Will be keeping an eye on this forum and sure I'll have a ton of questions.

Thanks in advance. Stay safe.

Rich AKA Bourbon Butch Frederick

Howdy Butch. Glad to see ya here. Welcome to the fun.

Some of us are great examples of what not to do. :lol:

Others, you can learn a lot from.

Now go Here. ;)

Link fixed :blush:

Welcome to the fray and thanks for your service.You'll have a ball and meet some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.Go to shoots even if you don't have all your stuff.Hang out...watch...talk...but I'll bet before the day is out you'll have lots of Pards offering guns and leather so you can shoot a stage or 2.If you haven't started buying your setup yet...hold off.Try different kinds and makes of rifles,shotguns and pistola's to see what feels best to you.Then start buying.Again...thanks for your service and WELCOME to CAS.

Guest Copper Mart

Howdy Butch. Glad to see ya here. Welcome to the fun.

Some of us are great examples of what not to do. :lol:

Others, you can learn a lot from.

Now go Here. ;)

Link is messed up Bob. Think you were trying to send him to Capt Baylor.

Mart...

Welcome to the party!

It's just too much fun.

& THANK YOU for your service.

See you on the range.

--Dawg

A Jedi Salute to Bourbon Butch.

Welcome. Your living in S.Cal is gona put you around some the the best shooters in the World.

The advice on going to a couple matches and 'hangin out' and askin questions is straight talk.

Check out all the unique firearms, etc.....and then focus on those you want to start with. You noticed I said 'start' with. Because if your like most of us, that first set is only the beginning. Everybody knows, you got to have multiple sets of everything.....'just in case'.. :lol:

Thanks for your service and glad your back home safe.

God Bless.

..........Widder

Link is messed up Bob. Think you were trying to send him to Capt Baylor.

Mart...

Nope but that's a good idea too. :D

Captain Baylor's Ranger CAmp

Howdy Butch!

First of all, welcome home and thanks for your service! Now........get ready for more fun that you ever thought possible!

We have shootin' opportunities most every weekend here in So CA. Don't know where you're located, but I would suggest stoppin' by the Cowboys in Norco 4th Sunday of the month. We have a New Shooters clinic that will get you familiar with the firearms and most importantly, the safety and rules of the game. (You don't need any equipment, gear or ammo - all is supplied for a nominal charge. ($15, I believe). Go to the "Clubs" link and look for "The Cowboys". As you already have experience, this will allow you to check out all the guns and gear, learn the rules and decide if the game's for you before you go out of pocket for anything. It's a great way to start.

In addition to the clinic, you can hang out/ask questions and be with some great folks before and after. Send me a PM if you're interested. Lucky (my MUCH better half) and I would be happy to meet you there and introduce you to the folks and the game. You'll feel right at home, guaranteed!

Whatever you decide, don't be a stranger on the Wire. Great folks and great advice - free for the askin'!

Welcome back home pard! God bless you and those who serve!

...and welcome to the Wire...more good folks with a very few bad apple thrown in for entertainment :lol:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Officer on deck!! Welcome aboard Commander and thanks for your service. :FlagAm: Now, howdy and come set by the fire and pour us some of your Bourbon!! Good luck to ya.

And a snappy salute to the officer on deck (Thank you for your servive), Now can we get down to the Bourbon ?

Welcome aboard!

Cascade Charlie

Howdy back atcha Butch. Welcome to the most fun you can have with your clothes on, and thanks for your service.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Welcome! Im new to SASS/CAS also. I have learned so much from these pards from just reading posts. Im starting to ask questions now. This is a lot of fun.

Thank you very much for your service. Im glad to hear you made it home safely. H.B.

Well now then, WELCOME to you too HB!

Archived