SASS Wire Forum

Guess what I learned yesterday.......

EE Taft

Hawk - when I was maybe 19 I bought a used Chevy full time 4 wheel drive pickup, nice truck, I loved it. I was working 2 jobs so I could pay the bills and keep busy and out of trouble, but there was still alot of month left at the end of the money if you know what I mean. Well sir, the power steering went out on that truck, fulltime 4x4 you will recall. Didn't have the money to get it fixed, and rarely had enough money to throw some fluid in it to make it work for a while. My arms got real strong muscling that thing around.

Grizz

Yeah I know da feelin'.

Da 1st truckin job was haulin oil field equpiment to da sites in Texas.

Drivin' a 1960 Sidewinder Mack, twin gear box, 18 speed ifin' ya use all da gears...

No heat and no a/c..

No sleeper...just a piece plywood on da driver's sear and da tool box seat..

Purty easy to figger out why dey wasn't in dar...

Ya got hot workin' them muscles usein' dat "Armstrong Steerin' , so ya stayed warm....

Den when ya got back on dem FM roads, you had 2/70 a/c....

2 winders down at 70 mph !!! :lol:

It sounded like a scene from "Deadwood" when I swapped out the steering box on my 93 Power Wagon.

LL'

:lol:

That's alot of dirty words, Pard!

~EE Taft~

Hey EE... Dats da truck I owned fer a very long time. Got mine back in da 1990's (I think).

Had a 500 Cat engine turned up to a 550, puttin 525 horses to da ground..

13 speed tranny...

377 rears....

White wif til blue pin stripein'

All ridin' on tall rubber !

I really miss truckin. It's da only place I can git away all by myself !! :lol:

That's purt near the same critter Dad had. Only difference is his was jet black and had the Grandkids names on the side of the sleeper.

~EE Taft~

Double E,i ain't had a drink in a long time,but if you wanna share a bottle of tequila i'll buy.After two trips to the hardware store i got the bathroom plumbing fixed,i went and sat down after a few choice words after buying one of those kits with its own float,don't ever bother they are trash after i thrashed it i went and got the one i had the first time(don't ever listen to sales people).Silverado was on the tube and i cranked up the gunfight,POW POW BANG BANG BEZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzziiittt the reciever blew,i think mama accidently turned the subwoofer up all the way dusting,i did notice a fried electric smell too..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :excl:

GCR you can't let the majic smoke outta' electronic geewhizz 'n' expect it to work.

Double E., we're a needin' you over on the Last Dance, 'n' Oh yeah, be glad you didn't drop that ps pump on yer foot!! :lol:

Archived