SASS Wire Forum

I have a question, don't know what section, help, please?

Revellee

Phantom is right, this is the place. However, you only get 1 question per month, and you've already asked it. See you in March with another answer! :rolleyes:

Thanks Goody.....I needed that laugh.

Actually, Goody is only good for one answer a month because it'll take him 30 more days to learn something else.

BUT, me and Phantom know everything. Well, atleast Goody thinks we do. :lol::lol::lol:

Ask away. This is a great place to ask bout anything.

..........Widder

Thanks fellas. I had no idea this was posted to so quick, I've been over in the classifieds drooling, as usual.

Here's my question. What is a combo gun called when it is a side by side, one side shot gun and the other a rifle? My brother has it and he said that all it has written on it is SHC. It has two hammers and breaks to load. It was our great grandfathers gun. Bro said he thought he remembered that the rifle is a 44.

Thanks for any help, Revellee

(G-grandfather was born in 1813 and died in 1916, if that helps.)

From Wikipedia

A combination gun is a break-action hunting firearm that comprises at least two barrels, a rifle barrel and a shotgun barrel, often but not always in an over and under configuration; side-by-side variations are known as cape guns. A drilling refers to a combination gun that has three barrels.

http://en.wikipedia....Combination_gun

From Wikipedia

A combination gun is a break-action hunting firearm that comprises at least two barrels, a rifle barrel and a shotgun barrel, often but not always in an over and under configuration; side-by-side variations are known as cape guns. A drilling refers to a combination gun that has three barrels.

http://en.wikipedia....Combination_gun

Thanks Lazarus Longshot. Any idea what the SHC stands for?

...... Any idea what the SHC stands for?

Nothin' leaps to mind, like a maker's name or anything. Possibly a previous owner's initials.

If three barrels (drei is german for three) is a drilling, is two (zwei) barrels a zwilling? And if so, would a double shooter be a zwitter? If declared such in modern communication would it be a zwitter twitter?

Sorry, tapping the second barrel now......

Hmmmmmm, good......

Excuse me, I need to wipe the egg off my face. My hubby just told me that he's seen it and it's an over-under. a 22 rifle 410 shotgun. Oh, well.

Probably a Savage Model 24.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=10076177

Okay that's solved. Now, any questions on nooklear physics? :lol:

Archived