SASS Wire Forum

Happy Friday Pards and Pardettes!

Grizzly Dave

Nothing spectacular planned at my cabin for the weekend. Should do some more painting in the ongoing efforts to get the house ready to sell. Also have a couple hundred 38s waiting for powder and lead, need to get those finished up.

No shooting for me until a week from tomorrow, long range forecast looks good, sure hope that holds.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Grizz

I am shooting at Lake Charles tomorrow. I got my 20,000 primers yesterday,5# Trail Boss, picking up 2000 bullets maybe 3000 if he has them at the shoot.Going to get my 550 set up with some help from some pards,hope to start loading next week.

Allie, until we get the house ready, then sold, then get into a place that's more affordable for us, I don't see much traveling to shoot. The only exception to that is for Comin' At Cha. I have to give myself something to look forward to, and I'm organizing a fund raiser side match stage for the Memorial chapel there, so I have to go.

Miz Grizz has a good friend who is a flight attendant, so we can fly stand by on her buddy passes inexpensively, so I'm hopeful that I can work a trip west sometime to shoot, I'd have to borrow guns and ammo, and it's always an iffy deal if you'll get a flight, but maybe that will work out sometime. Wow, that was a run-on sentence. That is how daughter Grizz and I got up to Seattle last year, flights wound up not getting us there in time for a match, but I did get to meet Badger and Willie.

Wow, I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks...

I fought getting a DVR for a long time, but finally gave in a few months ago. At that time I tried to figure out how to set it online with no success. Miz Grizz and I went out for an early Valentines dinner last night, and I missed a couple of shows that I watch, and I forgot to set the DVR. So today, I found where they are replaying a couple of them, and tried setting the DVR online again, and it seems to have worked. They've updated their interface and made it much easier.

Broke out some safe queens, so I gotta gitt'em clean and oiled up.

Den, gotta load up some 44-40 and 45's wif da "Holy Black" powder.

After dat, me and da wife will just wing it !

I hope to pick up my derringer in the morning, then visit with some friends. Then on Sunday a reloading party, lol.. with JJJ's and I hope a DVR later with him and a friend of ours... tonight, I am busy working on stuff still and I hope to get some minutes typed up.

Today was busy...

Homemade Pizza sounds so good, I need to make some soon before the summer gets here. I use to make a deep dish one, but I never eat that much crust. But I like cooking with cast iron, so I am going to try a thinner crust with a shallow cast pan/lid I have ... I hope ti works out.. Just need to get the stuff and do it is all.

Deja, home made pizza is the best, I used to make home made pizza every Saturday night, made the dough, sauce, grated the cheeses, cut the veggies, the whole nine yards. When it got to the point I dreaded doing all the prep work, I stopped. Always baked them on a stone with some cornmeal on it, brushed the crust with garlic butter sometimes sprinkled with parm. Dang, now I'm hungry, that cheese sandwich and bowl of popcorn didn't last too long..

Deja, home made pizza is the best, I used to make home made pizza every Saturday night, made the dough, sauce, grated the cheeses, cut the veggies, the whole nine yards. When it got to the point I dreaded doing all the prep work, I stopped. Always baked them on a stone with some cornmeal on it, brushed the crust with garlic butter sometimes sprinkled with parm. Dang, now I'm hungry, that cheese sandwich and bowl of popcorn didn't last too long..

I have never tired the stone, but that is interesting. Cast iron is what I was taught to use, so I guess I stuck with it. I like food from scratch, but at times you don't have the time... Garlic.. oh man I put fresh chopped up in my sauce and on the pizza.. no wonder I live alone, huh? lol I like to make it out of cheese, spinach, whole tomates, and meat.. either good sausage or bacon, or Pepperoni even hamburger is okay, but I kinda like my meat pizzas.. So I toss on the spinach at the very end. I wish I could say I am hungry enought to make one and pass it around to you tonight, but the truth is we had food at work today, and I didn't eat until really late.. so poor Rat is not getting any handouts yet. lol

So tomorrow night one of my favorite people Sweet Anne is coming over, we are writing the stages for the March match so should be fun. Then get to shoot Sunday. Weather should be beeeaaauuutiiifuuuuul in the low 70's. great for shooting!

So tomorrow night one of my favorite people Sweet Anne is coming over, we are writing the stages for the March match so should be fun. Then get to shoot Sunday. Weather should be beeeaaauuutiiifuuuuul in the low 70's. great for shooting!

Low 70s..........what are those????

:huh:

:lol:

Hey Meg! Good to see you! Low 70s is about perfect for me. Amazingly enough after several weeks of single digit highs up to mid 30s for highs, we're supposed to see 60 this weekend. Gotta love Colorado weather.

Have fun Megs.... I know you will.. I can only imagine the stages.. lol

Archived