SASS Wire Forum

The Cowford Regulators Stampede is back!

Willy Whiskers

The Cowford Regulators Stampede is back!! Where did it go you ask, well -----

Up to 2009 The Cowford Regulators Stampede was always in November and the SASS Cowboys were use to findin’ it there. Then in 2010 The Southeast Regional moved to November which created somethin’ of a Mexican Standoff. Just as with other clubs many of our members wished to shoot the regional so we moved our Stampede to the 3rd weekend in April. (April 15-17, 2011). When a store moves locations it takes a while for their customers to find them again and so it is with our annual. Some cowboys even thought we gave up havin’ a yearly match at all…Not So.

This year we are visiting the 1966 film “The Professionals”. Come ride along with Burt Lancaster and Lee Marvin as they rescue Claudia Cardinale from the evil Jack Palance. 2 days, 10 stages and the world famous “Ore Cart” will be shot twice.

Just follow the link to the application and other important stuff. There’s still plenty of time to get it in, iffin you don’t doddle.

http://cowfordregulators.com/Cowford%20Stampede.htm

Lookin’ to see all of ya this year.

Thank ya kindly, The Cowford Posse.

Glad that the Stampede is back!! Already sent in my application. Missed it last year, Cactus and I always have a great time. Looking forward to it this year. As for for the famous Ore Cart.......for me it is more like the Ore Cart of Doom. :unsure: But it is always fun.

Glad that the Stampede is back!! Already sent in my application. Missed it last year, Cactus and I always have a great time. Looking forward to it this year. As for for the famous Ore Cart.......for me it is more like the Ore Cart of Doom. :unsure: But it is always fun.

I've designed the ore cart of doom stages so we are shooting the biggest targets we have. Not that it makes a difference. Ofcourse if your time doesn't matter you could just enjoy the ride and start shooting once you stop. Not exactly spirit of the game though. WW

Good, the bigger the better!! Is the cart going to move down range or across the range this year?

It will be set up on bay 5. The plan is to move diagonally from left to right towards the back corner. Same as we had it last year. WW

Just sent my application in. Look forward to the great shoot you guys put on, and the company. I have asked to posse with a couple of formidable cowboys--Cactus Jack and Confederate Colt--and am hoping my good friend Daybreaker will be joining me. I don't mind moving targets, or shooting from a moving ore cart--just don't want both moving at the same time.

Cassalong Hopidy

Just sent my application in. Look forward to the great shoot you guys put on, and the company. I have asked to posse with a couple of formidable cowboys--Cactus Jack and Confederate Colt--and am hoping my good friend Daybreaker will be joining me. I don't mind moving targets, or shooting from a moving ore cart--just don't want both moving at the same time.

Cassalong Hopidy

Where's the challenge of both are not moving. Will be great to see you again. Just 2 months till show time. WW

Where's the challenge of both are not moving. Will be great to see you again. Just 2 months till show time. WW

I am plenty challenged with everything sitting dead still--but I know riding the rail and shooting will be great fun. I look forward to seeing you again too, Willy.

Cassalong

• 2 weeks later...

Archived