SASS Wire Forum

non CAS . . . Webley MK IV fix it up

Wolfgang, SASS #53480

Oh! Looking very nice!

I have always thought the Webley was a facinating pistol. I have 2 right now, a Mark VI .45 ACP conversion, and a Mark IV .38.

I plan to get more someday. I'd like another Mark VI, unconverted, and perhaps a couple of Mark V's.

You do nice work, sir. My compliments. :)

Nice looking piece Wolfgang.

a retired gunsmith friend of mine recently cleaned up about 20 English revolvers that a fella brought him.

They had been stored in a wet basement.

It was fun playing with them & figuring out how they worked.

I'm sure you had fun cleaning up this one too.

--Dawg

I'd always craved one of these birds head grip Webleys . . . but had never handled one. Realy happy that I got the "Bull-Dog" though, . . it is a real "pocket pistol" and more pracical for carry than a birds head Webley.

My friend used to run an auto repair business in Palm Springs just a block from the "north end" (read real BAD section of town), he had no thefts as it was know that he was a gun collector and a gun dealer, . . sometimes local down and out ruffians would come in to sell a gun to him. He got the MK IV for $50. Another time he got a Colt Lightning for $ 60 ! It had grips made out of a 2x4 ! But a genuine Colt Lightning none the less :)

Did this one belong to Holmes or Dr. Watson?

"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate, Watson."

There is an actual photo of Sherlock Holmes ( not an actor ) carrying this revolver and the serial number is visible. . . and it has Dr. Watson's finger prints on it . . so when we sell it on "Gunbroker" we'll get a really high price for it :wacko::blink::huh:-_-;)

Those aren't new grips, THESE are new grips!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/mwhyte123/WebleyMklV.jpg

Those aren't new grips, THESE are new grips!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/mwhyte123/WebleyMklV.jpg

Nice to see that one without the back of the cylinder shaved off to take .45ACP ammo in half moon clips I never understood why so many fine Webleys were ruined that way the proper ammo was never that hard to come by (mostly out of Canada in the 60s and 70s) or any problem to reload

Archived