SASS Wire Forum

Abandon at the gym... lol

Deja Vous

Okay, so tonight I was going to work out with a friend from work and a couple of her pals, and then go out to eat. lol. I got to the gym, started my speed walking and they were not happy cuz I was walking and not talking. Uh.. okay.. so I start talking and laughing and being silly, and my phone rings. It is my Dad, so you know I gotta take it, if he calls I am there. I love him so much.

Anyhow he is back from his cabin on the colorado over in Parker. He is having some issues with his colon and went to ER today before calling me. Now I am in a panic! He tells me he is home and fine no big deal, but I talk to him for a LONGGGGGGG time. Then I start to take off with my friends again and notice I have a message from my BFF, lol. I wave to them point to my phone, and go call him. By the time I am done they left me at the gym, lol

Now I am home and did what I needed to do, still need to eat though. Talked to another BFF that I love to death cuz she is the nicest person in the whole wide world. lol.

I finally call my friend from work and she is laughing. I guess her pals thought I was funny, but a bit too busy for their tastes with my imaginary friends and family on the phone. lol

Its okay, I would rather eat with Rat Dog anyhow. lol. If you can't take a joke, or interuptions don't spend any time with me lol. That is how my day went.. and your day was????????????? Great I hope??

Deja . . . Thanks for posting about that evening ya had . . . my day went just great . . very productive . . . getting ready to MOVE is always so much FUN :huh: Even when everything I own is on WHEELS :wacko:

Grocerie store the minute it opened and done with, then the livestock, horses, little goats, Gertrude ( the egg laying duck ), big goats, other ducks ( worthless non egg laying ) and finally Charlet and Piggy. I think they are the most fun :P

Next . . and REALY IMPORTANT . . . call DELL and get the part for my printer ordered. Called a week before . . . spent 20 minutes with someone in India . . who finally told me that the part was not available ? HuH :huh: It took a week for me to calm down enough to call again. At least this time someone knew what they were doing, printer is in warentee, . .will send me the part, and to compensate for my trouble with it also send me extra color and b&w ink cartridges. :)

Then I put up another 24 ft. section of horse fence. Call the animal shelter director, tell him we will only need one more peice of fence not two. Later he calls me back and tells me there is no more fence peices like we need available. HuH ? So two peices already set will have to be taken down, reloacated, and put up with the one remaing one we have to make a slightly smaller new horse area. Ok . . so that will be next week project.

Then in the workshop I fit the new grips to my friend's Webley MK IV pistol. Tricky as the little holes in the back of the new replacement grips are not whur they auto to be to mach with the little pin "thinger" on the grip frame of the pistol. But I do it careful and get it right. Picture posted for those interested in Webley "thingers".

So thur is your answer of how my day went . . . . . satisfied ? Huh . . . . LOL ( whutever that thinger means I have no eye-dee-R )

:)

Enuf here . . . heading up to the "Ranch" in the morning right after the livestock are fed.

You do what you have to do girl. If it is one of my kids I am going to talk to them.Dont have my mom or dad,if I did I would talk to them also. You did the right thing. Hugs Girl.

Deja . . . Thanks for posting about that evening ya had . . . my day went just great . . very productive . . . getting ready to MOVE is always so much FUN :huh: Even when everything I own is on WHEELS :wacko:

Grocerie store the minute it opened and done with, then the livestock, horses, little goats, Gertrude ( the egg laying duck ), big goats, other ducks ( worthless non egg laying ) and finally Charlet and Piggy. I think they are the most fun :P

Next . . and REALY IMPORTANT . . . call DELL and get the part for my printer ordered. Called a week before . . . spent 20 minutes with someone in India . . who finally told me that the part was not available ? HuH :huh: It took a week for me to calm down enough to call again. At least this time someone knew what they were doing, printer is in warentee, . .will send me the part, and to compensate for my trouble with it also send me extra color and b&w ink cartridges. :)

Then I put up another 24 ft. section of horse fence. Call the animal shelter director, tell him we will only need one more peice of fence not two. Later he calls me back and tells me there is no more fence peices like we need available. HuH ? So two peices already set will have to be taken down, reloacated, and put up with the one remaing one we have to make a slightly smaller new horse area. Ok . . so that will be next week project.

Then in the workshop I fit the new grips to my friend's Webley MK IV pistol. Tricky as the little holes in the back of the new replacement grips are not whur they auto to be to mach with the little pin "thinger" on the grip frame of the pistol. But I do it careful and get it right. Picture posted for those interested in Webley "thingers".

So thur is your answer of how my day went . . . . . satisfied ? Huh . . . . LOL ( whutever that thinger means I have no eye-dee-R )

:)

Enuf here . . . heading up to the "Ranch" in the morning right after the livestock are fed.

So you are not at the ranch right now, huh? lol... Sounds like a great day Wolffees! The 24FT Section is it panel, or sucker rod, or pipe?

A few years back we built a entire turn out area in AZ out of sucker rod by welding it to uprights.. I got the job of holding the rods up while they were being welded, and listening to the cussing.. lol.. Then we put up a training arena with pipe, much easier to hold up but it got pretty darn hot. Looked nice though. I did try to help dig the holes, but in AZ me jumping on a shovel does not put it into the rocky ground, lol.. So we rented a auger thinger.

The barn was really hard to put up... I spend a lot of hours on a lader with a screw gun and in the end i was about 20 shades darker and had lots of cuts from the tin roof and the pointed screws.. We moved three times for more space to expand our business, I had a partner/friend back then and yeah he was only a pal. The last one we both had 5 acres, it was really neat to have that much space, and the place backed up to BLM land. So, a gate was installed so all you had to do was saddle up and ride out.. or take the ATV. It is a lot of work, but well worth the pleasure in the end. Life is a labor of love as they say, and I don't mind working on things that I know i will enjoy.

Wow where did the time go.. lol..

You do what you have to do girl. If it is one of my kids I am going to talk to them.Dont have my mom or dad,if I did I would talk to them also. You did the right thing. Hugs Girl.

Thanks Pit Bulls.. When he calls I do answer! When friends call I do too unless I can't. But with family you just have to, he could be sick and need me ya know.

My day was long and boring at the office. Home in time to do final approval of contractors work remodeling bathroom in my house, a few things I would have done differently, but overall very good work. Best part is I can shower in the new jumbo master shower tomorrow. Have been having to shower in kids bathroom for months. I'm going up shortly to install a shower massage in there, maybe I'll take some pics.

Tomorrow I need to work around the house, just a matter of which project to do next... but reloading is much more fun... and I only have a couple hundred left to finish, so I really should get those done first, right?

Deja - don't blame you for taking the calls, family comes first, and close friends are family in many cases.

My day was long and boring at the office. Home in time to do final approval of contractors work remodeling bathroom in my house, a few things I would have done differently, but overall very good work. Best part is I can shower in the new jumbo master shower tomorrow. Have been having to shower in kids bathroom for months. I'm going up shortly to install a shower massage in there, maybe I'll take some pics.

Tomorrow I need to work around the house, just a matter of which project to do next... but reloading is much more fun... and I only have a couple hundred left to finish, so I really should get those done first, right?

Deja - don't blame you for taking the calls, family comes first, and close friends are family in many cases.

Grizzes my thing is I like family and Cowboy shooters the best. Other people don't understand me so well.. lol

The shower sounds cool.. I some day would like to have a outside shower, fenced in of course, but something where you could go out and shower in nature.. in a warm climate of course. And one inside too for the cold nights. My dad had a place up north that had all glass from his master bath room into a courtyard area, so the jacuzzi looked out on the outside, and the shower was on two sides and then a wall of glass so you could see out from there too. It was really nice.

There is something very....freeing....in being naked out in nature.

I don't recommend naked snow angels though, unless you have an outdoor hot tub to jump back into.

yeah, well naked by hiden none the less.. not much of one to display stuff.. If it is cold, I am not a player.. lol.. funny I just had this conversation with someone.. Years ago when I did ski patrol, and gave ballet lessons my friends/co-workers wanted me to go to the hot tub at the lodge all the time. It was outside often, surrounded by snow... and the walk out was cold.. lol.. I tried it once, and it took me forever to get back out of the warm water.. I was so cold I wanted to stay UNDER the water.. lol.. But it was fun, and very pretty.. and they were all so much fun I could hardly say I didn't have a great time. Only tired it once though to cold..

A hot tub after a long day skiing is just what the doctor ordered.

On the other hand, skiing hard all day, going out to eat and drinking pitchers of margaritas and going roller skating, not a good idea. I always skied wearing jeans with long underwear or a pair of sweat pants underneath, for whatever reason I didn't change before going roller skating, I was clowning around, skating backwards, fell and split my pants open LOL. Thankfully I did have sweats on underneath, but it did kind of end the evening for me...

Also, trying to teach the sweet young thing you are dating how to ski, when she has never done it before, not a good idea, we were on a road from the lift to the bunny slope, barely any slope at all, so I spun around and was skiing backwards trying to coach her, bout the only time I've ever heard swear words leave Miz Grizz's mouth. She finished the run and spent the rest of the day in the lodge, never could convince her to take a lesson or go again.

ah, good memories.

A hot tub after a long day skiing is just what the doctor ordered.

On the other hand, skiing hard all day, going out to eat and drinking pitchers of margaritas and going roller skating, not a good idea. I always skied wearing jeans with long underwear or a pair of sweat pants underneath, for whatever reason I didn't change before going roller skating, I was clowning around, skating backwards, fell and split my pants open LOL. Thankfully I did have sweats on underneath, but it did kind of end the evening for me...

Also, trying to teach the sweet young thing you are dating how to ski, when she has never done it before, not a good idea, we were on a road from the lift to the bunny slope, barely any slope at all, so I spun around and was skiing backwards trying to coach her, bout the only time I've ever heard swear words leave Miz Grizz's mouth. She finished the run and spent the rest of the day in the lodge, never could convince her to take a lesson or go again.

ah, good memories.

lol.. Because we lived in the country the only roller skating I did was in our basement.. lol.. with key skates.. but I did hockey with my brothers and then figure skated. But snow sking ballet was a natural for me. I was pretty limber, was a cheerleader, and loved gym class.. balance beams, bars, horse.. etc.. and freestyle, I loved the bumps.. or moguls.. I totally enjoyed doing tricks down the slope and then rideing the chair up watching all the little boys try to do what I did.. lol. They would race to ride up with me so they could learn to ballet ski or freestyle..

Roller skating in a rink did not happen until I was older, my step brother and cousins here in CA put me on the end of crack the whip after I took about a hour on rented roller skates. I could cross over by then so I could corner,... but my speed control was pretty bad.. lol.. Yeah, grace was not with me over and over again. I had more bruises from that night .. lol.

I have always heared you can't teach someone you love how to do stuff... lol.. Unless of course you want to meet the other side of them.. lol.

I think about one of the last times I went skiing I went with a buddy who was back on leave from the navy. He loved the bumps, catching air off moguls and such. I'd never done much of that before, but was enjoying it that day. I was following his down the slope and he avoided this one big mogul that looked really great to me. So I hollared something at him and hit that thing good, caught some great air and as I landed right at the edge of the run I understood why he hadn't hit it. The deep powder down the steep side slope slowed me enough that I wasn't really hurt when I hit the tree. Took forever to wade out of there though, he was about ready to send the ski patrol in after me when I finally got back out to the run.

I think about one of the last times I went skiing I went with a buddy who was back on leave from the navy. He loved the bumps, catching air off moguls and such. I'd never done much of that before, but was enjoying it that day. I was following his down the slope and he avoided this one big mogul that looked really great to me. So I hollared something at him and hit that thing good, caught some great air and as I landed right at the edge of the run I understood why he hadn't hit it. The deep powder down the steep side slope slowed me enough that I wasn't really hurt when I hit the tree. Took forever to wade out of there though, he was about ready to send the ski patrol in after me when I finally got back out to the run.

I was only hurt once in all the years I skied, and I did the black diamonds a lot. I got one ride out of the mountains in Keystone. I loved Copper mountain cuz it was powder.. Keystone they groomed it to death, jmho, and it was ice. At the time Fisher made a pretty good ice ski.. but no.. I did not take my fishers, I took my K2's.. lol. with Hanson Hotshots.. and ripstop nylon cuz the day was so cold I headed down the moutain. I hit some ice and my K2's did not carve it well, and I lost my balance. Crash bang of course, and I slid 3/4 of the way down the mountain because my dumb ribstop was so slick. I really wished I would have had my stretch pants or jeans on that day. The run had ice bumps and I found every one of them. Thank God I used only ski brakes, powder straps I would haven been beaten to death by my skis.. lol. Anyhow, I slid off to the left and right under some guys feet. He looked down at me and said "Gosh are you all right?" .. lol. I had bruises on about every rib and my back too. lol. Never again did I wear nylon ribstop bibs with a nylon jacket.. lol. I had to work the next day, and gave lessons.. ouch... I could hardly move, so I got bunny slope detail.. lol

I liked Copper alot, also Winter Park. Did a fair amount of night skiing at Lake Eldora in high school as we could run up there after school got out and ski til 9 or whenever they closed.

I wasn't much into black diamonds, I wasn't good enough to really enjoy them, I liked the blue trials where I could carve and go fast.

Worst ice story I've got was at winter park, came up off a rise, caught a little air, came down on ice and did a face plant, broke my glasses clean in two at the nose bridge.

I liked Copper alot, also Winter Park. Did a fair amount of night skiing at Lake Eldora in high school as we could run up there after school got out and ski til 9 or whenever they closed.

I wasn't much into black diamonds, I wasn't good enough to really enjoy them, I liked the blue trials where I could carve and go fast.

Worst ice story I've got was at winter park, came up off a rise, caught a little air, came down on ice and did a face plant, broke my glasses clean in two at the nose bridge.

Intermediates were for tricks to me.. black diamonds were moguls at their very best, and catching a lot of air. My friends were mostly guys, and most of them could ski my pants off for sure.. lol.. But I did manage to not come in last at least. I got to ski in the torchlight at Breckenridge one year... I wanted to carry a touch so badly. lol.. Not sure why how.. lol. And I did the Push, Paddle, Pedal one year.. lol... it was just for fun.. I can paddle a canoe, and I can ride a bike, Cross country i can do, but not as well as freestyle.. So, yeah, I was not so cool.. lol.. those were the days... lol. i stayed in more hostels than I care to count.. One in Jackon Hole WY had a kick me stomp and I kicked it about every night.. that was one cold place to ski... Pretty though. Oh, gosh... is the Bucket of Blood Saloon still around? Wasn't that at Breckenridge? Oh, yeah the year I went to steamboat the cable car got stuck.. There are not enough crepes in the world to make up for being stuck on a cable car for hours.. Chair lifts are worse I will admit cuz you really get cold on those when they break down. I hated rope toes, the pomas were okay.. but the ropes wore out my leather mitts.. lol... I wore the down ones for years cuz my hands go so cold in gloves.

Hi Deja . . . my post up above wuz on Thursday evening . . . . up to the ranch by noon Friday, in the ranch "bank" now on the ranch confuser. . . not fur long as it is COLD . . . and my fingers are not working too gud on this here keeboard. Will finish the exterior appearance on my building this weekend. Back down the hill then and finish the big horse area ( pre fab pipe corral peices with mesh welded on to keep dogs from getting in) and replace the water heater for teh vet clinic as well, . . then back up here . . filming on 19-20th ( don't know about need for extras or how many ). Too dam COLD. Going back to bed. :)

Archived